Author Topic: LIVE at the Atlantis  (Read 75544 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: LIVE at the Atlantis
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2023, 11:13:23 am »
Will she take you or are you going to see Jack Shit?

luckily she is taking me ;)

« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2023, 11:23:22 am »
I'll be +1 on anyone going to see Jack Shit
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2023, 12:17:16 pm »
I'll be +1 on anyone going to see Jack Shit

I hear Bupkis is the opener.

Space Freely

« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2023, 12:43:44 pm »
Jenny Lewis and Iron and Wine both out.

Any reports of anyone winning more than one show?

Yada

« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2023, 01:00:18 pm »
Purely speculation... BUT...

maybe there is a method to the madness and they're going through the weighted process first and giving out xxx amount of tickets to people that had certain bands up very high; example, bartlebee and james as #1 or Hanibal and making sure people with those artists stacked at the top get a hit... and maybe tomorrow post or pre foos they'll round out other shows or something or something or something...

Hutch

« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2023, 01:10:02 pm »
Yeah I don’t know

If it’s as simple as trying to get as many people to the show they say they most want to see they may have run the entire lottery first and if you got your 5th then maybe you didn’t get picked for 1,2,3,4.

To keep it kind of “fair” it makes sense to do it that way BUT it completely fucks us over as we are the ones who go to whatever show we want cause we always figure out the angles and know how on sales work etc. We have no “play” here…

I gotta say from a marketing standpoint this has been pretty brilliant though….. a lot of people now know about the new venue…. Even for the acts playing it has to be kind of cool on some level….I mean they are going to be playing for their super fans

But I still can’t explain what happened to sidehatch other than he is cursed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 01:17:29 pm by Hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2023, 01:16:28 pm »
Yeah I don’t know

If it’s as simple as trying to get as many people to the show they say they most want to see they may have run the entire lottery first and if you got your 5th then maybe you didn’t get picked for 1,2,3,4.

To keep it kind of “fair” it makes sense to do it that way BUT it completely fucks us over as we are the ones who go to whatever show we want cause we always figure out the angles and know how on sales work etc. We have no “play” here…

I gotta say from a marketing standpoint this has been pretty brilliant though….. a lot of people now know about the new venue…. Even for the acts playing it has to be kind of cool on some level….

Maybe they do them all in advance and you only get one and Sidehatch got one (that hasn't been announced yet) that wasn't his first pick? 

Hutch

« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2023, 01:19:18 pm »
Yeah exactly! Sort of kidding about hatch… I mean there could have been more than 250 people with Luna as their first pick! Why not? I seen people talking about this even on the Steve Hoffman music forum…some guy there got Luna…another dude Tweedy…

Yada

« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2023, 01:20:02 pm »
Yeah I don’t know

I gotta say from a marketing standpoint this has been pretty brilliant though….. a lot of people now know about the new venue…. Even for the acts playing it has to be kind of cool on some level….

Maybe they do them all in advance and you only get one and Sidehatch got one (that hasn't been announced yet) that wasn't his first pick?

If a credit card didn't have to coincide then that theory may work...

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2023, 01:46:18 pm »
Now at bat: Thievery Corp

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2023, 01:57:35 pm »
Yo La Tengo is up next

Hutch

« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2023, 02:27:54 pm »
Whoever gets a ticket to YLT please post “yo la tengo!!!”

Yada

« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2023, 02:28:51 pm »
Whoever gets a ticket to YLT please post “yo la tengo!!!”

Whoever gets two tickets to yo la tengo, I'll be your +1 and you can be mine to Luna.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2023, 02:32:32 pm »
Joan Jett, Shakey Graves being released

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2023, 02:33:01 pm »
Guys, I'm starting to suspect that I -- me! Julian! -- might get shut out in this thing!

Well, time to go buy a locomotive instead, which I can also afford!
LVMH