Author Topic: LIVE at the Atlantis  (Read 75438 times)

Yada

Re: LIVE at the Atlantis
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2023, 07:39:13 am »
Hannibal Buress + Eshu Tune
Sat • Jun 17

available on ticketmaster right now

also available for sale at the Atlantis
Never heard of these bands, but like the prices

Generationals
Sat • Oct 14 $25

Vagabon
Sun • Oct 29 $20

Nation of Language
Sat • Nov 11 $25

JP Cooper
Thu • Nov 16  $23

Couch
Sat • Nov 18 $25

Darn good thing these were announced or we would've forgotten about The Atlantis.

« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2023, 07:46:03 am »

Darn good thing these were announced or we would've forgotten about The Atlantis.
Originally I only had Hannibal on there, but then was curious about what was actually available
these shows haven't sold out, and I was curious about the pricing too

thanks debby downer, your complaint has been registered
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2023, 07:52:28 am »
Hannibal Buress + Eshu Tune
Sat • Jun 17

available on ticketmaster right now

also available for sale at the Atlantis
Never heard of these bands, but like the prices,
all shows doors open at 6:30?  so openers are going to be on by 8

Andy Frasco & the U.N.
Sun • Oct 01 $28

Generationals
Sat • Oct 14 $25

Vagabon
Sun • Oct 29 $20

Nation of Language
Sat • Nov 11 $25

JP Cooper
Thu • Nov 16  $23

Couch
Sat • Nov 18 $25

Nation of Language are great, if you like synthpop.

Yada

« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2023, 08:58:23 am »

Originally I only had Hannibal on there, but then was curious about what was actually available
these shows haven't sold out, and I was curious about the pricing too

thanks debby downer, your complaint has been registered

I hate needing to explain posts, but this was a dig at our friend space who proclaimed the Atlantis would be forgotten about if they didn't start announcing hobo bands as soon as possible.

Yada

« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2023, 12:57:26 pm »
So is the general consensus that everything is just a random crapshoot in terms of when this happens?

For example, yesterday was the day that people were allowed to transfer Yo La Tengo tickets? Or was it every single show yesterday?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #380 on: May 02, 2023, 01:03:51 pm »
So is the general consensus that everything is just a random crapshoot in terms of when this happens?

For example, yesterday was the day that people were allowed to transfer Yo La Tengo tickets? Or was it every single show yesterday?
I understood it like if someone had tickets and decided to throw them back in the marketplace, it happens a few minutes after they push the button. Since people are going to make such decisions at different times over the next few weeks, tickets will pop up for various shows occasionally, not that they're coordinated dumps IMP/Ticketmaster are controlling.

So using YLT as an example, if someone else with YLT decides they can't go and wants their money back and pushes the button at 4pm today, the tickets will appear a few minutes later. If they make that decision 3 weeks from now on a Sunday afternoon, it'll be then.

No?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #381 on: May 02, 2023, 01:33:00 pm »

I understood it like if someone had tickets and decided to throw them back in the marketplace, it happens a few minutes after they push the button. Since people are going to make such decisions at different times over the next few weeks, tickets will pop up for various shows occasionally, not that they're coordinated dumps IMP/Ticketmaster are controlling.

So using YLT as an example, if someone else with YLT decides they can't go and wants their money back and pushes the button at 4pm today, the tickets will appear a few minutes later. If they make that decision 3 weeks from now on a Sunday afternoon, it'll be then.

No?

That was my assumption as well, but it doesn't seem like many shows popped up yesterday. For shits and giggles I've been basically scrolling most of the afternoon yesterday as well as today... hard to believe that not at least a few other shows had multiple options for tickets.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 01:36:08 pm by Yada »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2023, 01:36:26 pm »

No?

That was my assumption as well, but it doesn't seem like many shows popped up yesterday.
I mean, I would assume there aren't a ton of people deciding they don't want to go and very few were likely sitting by their computers waiting to dump their tickets as soon as they could? (There's only like 450 tickets to begin with.) I would imagine there might be a heavier flurry the days before each show as real life intrudes on plans to attend.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2023, 03:07:39 pm »
YES....I had it bookmarked and refreshing often and surprised to see it there yesterday. Glad you got a pair!

got 1 for YLT on the ticketexchange!

you serious!!!

Edit: got a pair!!!! Thanks Bagley!!!
(_|_)

« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2023, 04:24:09 pm »
YES....I had it bookmarked and refreshing often and surprised to see it there yesterday. Glad you got a pair!

got 1 for YLT on the ticketexchange!

you serious!!!

Edit: got a pair!!!! Thanks Bagley!!!
FTR, I've never seen YLT come up
I only see a few shows on that link excongratful sent, are their other links, do people see other bands
at max only 3 -5 shows were there, most had a tbd the rest took you to ticketmaster sadness
slack

Hutch

« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2023, 04:29:12 pm »
Dude I see a bunch listed for YLT. Are you sure you are on the right page? Maybe try refreshing or clear your cache. You work on computers….

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #386 on: May 02, 2023, 04:41:40 pm »
Plenty for 930 maybe?

« Reply #387 on: May 02, 2023, 06:27:07 pm »
Plenty for 930 maybe?
I see what is going on here
slack

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #388 on: May 03, 2023, 09:59:32 am »
Just scored Billy Idol tickets!

« Reply #389 on: May 03, 2023, 10:04:31 am »
Just scored Billy Idol tickets!
sweet!

Did you go directly to ticketmaster or did you use the tix exchange link?
https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/the-atlantis-tickets/venue/20686

I go to this link and only see a few shows listed, YLT showed up today
but have never seen Billy idol
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 10:08:09 am by Fulfilled-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack