Author Topic: LIVE at the Atlantis  (Read 75460 times)

Hutch

Re: LIVE at the Atlantis
« Reply #465 on: May 30, 2023, 08:45:03 am »
I would guess most of those set aside are for media. Then VIPs…Opening night was always going to be tough….my guess is there were 100 pairs out there for regular Joe’s but I don’t know

I know a guy who works security at Anthem who got two via staff lottery system which I thought was super cool. He is over the moon. I didn’t put in for it.

So nobody wants to go with me to Hot Chip?

wml7

« Reply #466 on: May 30, 2023, 09:08:03 am »
Did anyone here score tix for foos last night?  I saw someone on a board get some and wonder how many was released  ;D

Yada

« Reply #467 on: May 30, 2023, 09:31:22 am »
Walkmen up

Yada

« Reply #468 on: May 30, 2023, 09:33:39 am »
Did anyone here score tix for foos last night?  I saw someone on a board get some and wonder how many was released  ;D

I received a notification from my BOT that it pulled a ticket but then somehow the purchase failed.

wml7

« Reply #469 on: May 30, 2023, 09:44:07 am »

I received a notification from my BOT that it pulled a ticket but then somehow the purchase failed.

Oh no, I bet some might pop up today before show.  How reliable is your bot?  ;D

Yada

« Reply #470 on: May 30, 2023, 09:45:12 am »

Oh no, I bet some might pop up today before show.  How reliable is your bot?  ;D

It's antiquated technology, built on the same framework as the old Atomic Blocker, but it works good enough.

wml7

« Reply #471 on: May 30, 2023, 10:02:53 am »

It's antiquated technology, built on the same framework as the old Atomic Blocker, but it works good enough.

Awesome, good luck!  I wasn’t feeling to go but if I can pull we’ll see  ;D

bearman🐻

« Reply #472 on: May 30, 2023, 10:13:00 am »
I agree with said hot take above... speaking of Foos... does anyone know a regular peasant that actually scored tickets to The Foos?

Gotta assume 95% or more are friends of 930, Seth, insiders,  VIPs, masseuses, DC movers and shakers, etc.

Saw them in Boston. Second show with Josh Freese. No disrespect whatsoever to Taylor, who was a sweetheart from all accounts and a great drummer...but Josh is such a powerhouse that it was the tightest Foos show I've ever seen. He's going to make a lot of Foo Fighters fans happy. It was spectacular. Atlantis is going to be sick...if anyone gets to go, please share stories. You'll have a blast.

wml7

« Reply #473 on: May 30, 2023, 10:16:27 am »
I agree with said hot take above... speaking of Foos... does anyone know a regular peasant that actually scored tickets to The Foos?

Gotta assume 95% or more are friends of 930, Seth, insiders,  VIPs, masseuses, DC movers and shakers, etc.

Saw them in Boston. Second show with Josh Freese. No disrespect whatsoever to Taylor, who was a sweetheart from all accounts and a great drummer...but Josh is such a powerhouse that it was the tightest Foos show I've ever seen. He's going to make a lot of Foo Fighters fans happy. It was spectacular. Atlantis is going to be sick...if anyone gets to go, please share stories. You'll have a blast.

I went to Boston and Sonic.  Both awesome shows but yeah Boston was better for me and Josh was awesome.  At Sonic he played with Sublime then went next to play with Foo Fighters.  He does it all!  ;D

Yada

« Reply #474 on: May 30, 2023, 10:41:42 am »
The Atlantis is LIVE on IG right now!

wml7

« Reply #475 on: May 30, 2023, 10:45:05 am »

Crap missed it did you score?  Oh thought you meant tix haha  ;D

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #476 on: May 30, 2023, 10:56:47 am »

Amazing coverage!

Yada

« Reply #477 on: May 30, 2023, 11:01:06 am »
Seth and Dave G hanging by the podium...

I think I saw Challenged trying to scale the side of the building.

"Peep shows made it interesting." - Seth

"No Phone Zone." - Dody DiSanto

"Today is the 930 Club Day in Washington, DC" - Mayor Muriel Bowser
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 11:13:28 am by Yada »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #478 on: May 30, 2023, 11:13:14 am »
Muriel Bowser just proclaimed that today is the 9:30 Club Day in DC.

Shouldn't it be Atlantis Day?!?!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #479 on: May 30, 2023, 11:21:15 am »
Paraphrased Seth quote: All cities have their rock stars. We're pretty lucky...we got Dave Grohl, Detroit got Ted Nugent