Author Topic: The Hold Steady  (Read 872 times)

Yada

Re: The Hold Steady
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2024, 07:59:26 pm »
Curious how many of the places you referenced in your post you've actually been to..  have you been to azores?

Space Freely

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2024, 09:13:58 pm »
Curious how many of the places you referenced in your post you've actually been to..  have you been to azores?

Last year we flew to Lisbon, did four nights there. Then flew to the Azores, did four nights there. Flew back to Lisbon and drove to the Algarve for four nights, then drove back to Lisbon for a final night.

This year it's two nights Porto, then four nights Madeira (island off of Africa), four nights Algarve, then three nights Vila Nova de Gaia(town across the river from Porto.)

Hutch

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2024, 10:40:07 pm »
Portuguese women beautiful? Now I have heard it all. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have never heard this before. I find Portuguese people noticeably unattractive. Women are the bottom of Western Europe and probably only above Albanian, Rumanian and Bulgarian women in all of Europe.The only exception might be Ronaldo who I don’t believe I have ever seen with a Portuguese woman. Current partner of course Argentine.

If Portuguese women are beautiful what are Spanish, French and Italian women?

It’s nice that you love Portugal, and convenient, given it’s the cheap country of Western Europe. Not that long ago as you probably know it used to be its backwater.

Space Freely

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2024, 08:05:55 am »
Portuguese women beautiful? Now I have heard it all. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have never heard this before. I find Portuguese people noticeably unattractive. Women are the bottom of Western Europe and probably only above Albanian, Rumanian and Bulgarian women in all of Europe.The only exception might be Ronaldo who I don’t believe I have ever seen with a Portuguese woman. Current partner of course Argentine.

It’s nice that you love Portugal, and convenient, given it’s the cheap country of Western Europe. Not that long ago as you probably know it used to be its backwater.

Perhaps if I were a pleated pant wearing, NPR tote bagging, high paying job, Jeff Goldblum doppleganger motherfucker, I'd be picky and rule out the female beauty of an entire nation. But I'm a humble, overweight, 56 year old on a modest budget balding Neil Young without the talent looking motherfucker....so I find beauty everywhere. I'm sure the next time I'm in France, Spain, Italy, Richmond, upstate New York or even god forbid Mississippi I'll note the female (and male) beauty there too.

That said, US News and World Report, the go to source for college rankings (that my college bound kid doesn't even want to consider in her college search), also ranks countries according to their sexiness. And Portugal comes in at a very respectable #15, just behind all of your favorites, but well ahead of the United States (which falls one spot below Romania.) https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/sexy

Hutch

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2024, 08:11:55 am »
No need to get personal!!

Yada

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2024, 08:24:58 am »
Portuguese women beautiful? Now I have heard it all. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have never heard this before. I find Portuguese people noticeably unattra. Women are the bottom of Western Europe and probably only above Albanian, Rumanian and Bulgarian women in all of Europe.The only exception might be Ronaldo who I don’t believe I have ever seen with a Portuguese woman. Current partner of course Argentine.

Sweetcell is gonna be big mad.

nkotb

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2024, 08:30:24 am »
Wow, I think all women are beautiful inside and out, but I guess this is also a take to have in 2024

Portuguese women beautiful? Now I have heard it all. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have never heard this before. I find Portuguese people noticeably unattractive. Women are the bottom of Western Europe and probably only above Albanian, Rumanian and Bulgarian women in all of Europe.The only exception might be Ronaldo who I don’t believe I have ever seen with a Portuguese woman.

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2024, 08:30:31 am »
Portuguese women beautiful? Now I have heard it all. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have never heard this before. I find Portuguese people noticeably unattra. Women are the bottom of Western Europe and probably only above Albanian, Rumanian and Bulgarian women in all of Europe.The only exception might be Ronaldo who I don’t believe I have ever seen with a Portuguese woman. Current partner of course Argentine.

Why do you say that?

Space Freely

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2024, 08:33:06 am »
No need to get personal!!

Also, I work and live in Springfield, VA. Have you ever been to Springfield? It's the backwater of Fairfax County, Fine neighbors, if a little too Trumpy, birthplace of one Dave Grohl, but we're not winning any beauty contests here (see: Dave Grohl). So to go from my couch to a beach in the Algarve, the beauty situation is going to naturally feel improved....as long as I'm able to ignore the pasty Brits who seem to be everywhere in the Algarve.

Hutch

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2024, 08:41:05 am »
I got lost in south Arlington once….is that Springfield?

Yada

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2024, 08:52:41 am »

Why do you say that?

He's a big Balkans guy

Hutch

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2024, 09:18:39 am »
Uh oh….

Can’t say anything without offending…

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2024, 09:46:16 am »
If only we had a thread designed for shallowly objectifying people by discussing their personal appearance and this Hold Steady thread could remain lust-and-disgust-free for us tr00 music fans.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2024, 09:57:48 am »
Some girls are bigger than others.

It’s just a fact of life.

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2024, 04:34:27 pm »
I got lost in south Arlington once….is that Springfield?
hey let’s not get personal here
Nothing wrong with south Arlington
slack