Author Topic: The Hold Steady  (Read 873 times)

m.truslow

The Hold Steady
« on: March 13, 2024, 06:34:05 am »
So who’s going?  Atlantis or 9.30? 

Space Freely

Re: The Hold Steady
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 07:26:58 am »
I'll be on the island of Madeira the first night, then the city of Lagos (Portugal) the second two nights. Cool Airbnb's at both.

I wasn't that impressed with their last DC show at the Black Cat, and there's lots of other shows that week that I'd see if I were around, so probably wouldn't go, for $45 plus fees.

But anyway, welcome to this forum. Unless you're a former member re-registering as a newbie. In that case, welcome back. Stick around, it's lots of fun. Where do you stand on Ukraine?

Hutch

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 08:06:31 am »
Yeah, tons of fun hearing about Space’s vacation plans over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again again again again and again

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 08:31:59 am »
Yeah, tons of fun hearing about Space’s vacation plans over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again again again again and again

How about I give you guys daily vacation reviews in June, and you guys give me show reviews of all of the shows I would have been seeing? :)

I'll even post a pic of me in my Speedo.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 09:04:07 am »
please don't
well on second thought, please do!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 09:08:05 am »
Julian's America has never negotiated with terrorists and we will not start now.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 09:15:41 am »
Honestly I bet you all look great in speedos

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 09:54:02 am »
Julian's America has never negotiated with terrorists and we will not start now.

Speedos are very European* AND elite†. Seems very Julian to me.

*Speedos were invented in Australia

†Elite as in fitness
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 10:04:31 am »
So you're saying the presale PW is 'SPEEDO'?

Space Freely

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 10:16:39 am »
If only Craig Finn would do these shows in a Speedo.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 12:17:57 pm »
Honestly I bet you all look great in speedos

i come here for the validation (no matter how unbelievable it is)
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 12:53:42 pm »
We're all Kings and deserve to be reminder daily.

Bagley

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2024, 05:27:20 pm »

Hasn't Space previously vacationed in Portugal ?  It seems like this vacation chatter has been happening 4EVA!

Space Freely

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2024, 07:27:30 pm »

Hasn't Space previously vacationed in Portugal ?  It seems like this vacation chatter has been happening 4EVA!

Yes, I also have previously vacationed in the United States multiple times!

I can't say enough good things about Portugal. The flights are cheap (compared to flying to elsewhere in Europe), the lodging is affordable, the wine is amazing, the food is good (and affordable), the beaches (the Algarve) are beautiful, the island getaways (Madeira, the Azores) have great hiking and are beautiful, the cities (Lisbon, Porto) are cool, the people are super friendly, the women are beautiful (my wife says the men are too small...her loss I guess.)

I wish we had gone a couple of weeks earlier, would have been able to hit the Porto version of the Primavera Festival. I'm not sure how much festival tickets normally go for, but 175 Euros for three days seems super reasonable. https://www.primaverasound.com/en/porto/primavera-sound-porto-programme Probably not that much more than a Hold Steady three day pass???

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2024, 07:58:09 pm »
Primavera Porto is a great festival and the setting is all grass...I am thinking about going back to the Barcelona one.
(_|_)