Author Topic: I write to you from…..  (Read 2937 times)

hutch

Re: I write to you from…..
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2024, 09:52:04 pm »
Wow you guys are lucky!

We have stayed at a lot of different places on the shore from Bethany to Fenwick and OC….i think this is our best yet as it’s overlooking the beach.

What’s the best pizza joint here? Don’t say Grottos….any other food recs?

nkotb

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2024, 10:15:36 pm »
Yeah, it's a charmed life for sure.

As for recommendations, depends what you like.  My kids do love Grotto's, but we don't really get pizza up here much.

If you're looking for reasonably priced, family meal...Warren's Station up in Fenwick is really good.  I've never actually eaten at the restaurant, but we get carry out a bunch.  I heard their breakfast is great, but we've never done it.

Fager's has a good dinner too...if you're looking for fancy, fine dining is killer, but it's $$$.  We save it for special events (birthdays, our anniversary, etc.).

Primo's Hoagies is great for lunch.  They're at the corner of 133rd and bayside, so it's walking distance. I'd order ahead though...it's not the height of the season but they do get busy. Plus it's connected to a bar, so you can eat and have a drink.

Obviously Fractured Prune is great for donuts, if you haven't gone...they're right across the street at 127th / bayside.  And Uber Bagels is good for bagels / breakfast sandwiches....they're at 126th.  But the best breakfast IMO is Bad Monkey.  The wait can be a bit rough, but at this time of year, it's probably not too bad.  I struggle with what to order...its that good.  I hear their lunch is great too, but we've never done it either...I think we might try this week finally.

Lots of other stuff we usually hit too.  Grab & Go tacos right before Fenwick is really great.  Line can be long, but you can order ahead. Plus it's right across the street from the viking mini gold, go-karts, an arcade, and near ice cream and Candy Kitchen, so it's a nice night out.  We do get food from Mirage Cafe in the Montego Bay shopping center...kind of hidden in the back corner, but it's good.  There's another good family style place up in Fenwick called Our Harvest that's really good too.  Probably more I'm forgetting.

Wow you guys are lucky!

We have stayed at a lot of different places on the shore from Bethany to Fenwick and OC….i think this is our best yet as it’s overlooking the beach.

What’s the best pizza joint here? Don’t say Grottos….any other food recs?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2024, 10:35:27 pm »
Yea we are definitely lucky and that area is nice especially with Northside Park close by. OC food is usually inconsistent which is disappointing. Mirage is pretty good, not great, but consistent. For pizza we usually just go with Ledo's but if we happen to be in north Rehobeth I always go to Niolca's for their everything Nico-boli.   If you head home via Delaware route 404 definitely stop for ice cream at the Vanderwendes farm. Unless of course you don't like ice cream.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 10:37:39 pm by Cock Van Der Palm »

nkotb

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2024, 11:15:46 pm »
Yeah, Venderwendes is great.  We almost always swear we're going to drive straight home, no stops...and almost always wind up going there or the T.S. Smith Orchard Point Market.

Agreed about Mirage...it's usually the place we go when we've eaten at all of the other spots and just want something different.  Nice to just walk across the street.

Yea we are definitely lucky and that area is nice especially with Northside Park close by. OC food is usually inconsistent which is disappointing. Mirage is pretty good, not great, but consistent. For pizza we usually just go with Ledo's but if we happen to be in north Rehobeth I always go to Niolca's for their everything Nico-boli.   If you head home via Delaware route 404 definitely stop for ice cream at the Vanderwendes farm. Unless of course you don't like ice cream.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2024, 12:41:18 am »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2024, 09:27:04 am »
Great suggestions thanks!

nkotb

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2024, 11:25:29 am »
Man you came at a great time...this is the best the weather and water has been all summer

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2024, 12:35:34 pm »
Heading down there Friday. Hope the weather stays the same

hutch

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2024, 10:11:01 am »
Where can I take stuff for recycling around North OC??

nkotb

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2024, 10:50:15 am »
They used to have separate can bins on the beach, and the fire house at 130th used to have bins as well but the city stopped recycling a bunch of years back because it was too expensive lol

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2024, 11:10:09 am »
just throw it in the dunes like everyone else
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2024, 11:25:31 am »
We take our recycling home with us.  Such a pain

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2024, 11:35:35 am »
apparently they burn it all in OC
https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/departments/public-works/recycling/

I will add, consumer recycling is a myth we've all bought in on
in concept it's great, in reality it's not happening to any degree that makes a difference

The only way consumers can make a big impact...reduce and reuse
and Compost!  Composting is the most impactful thing residential consumers can do

the pressure needs to be on gov't and commercial...as the amount of waste they produce that can be recycled dwarfs what consumers produce and that's where the focus should be
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 11:50:22 am by Hatchamaticıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2024, 11:37:48 am »
They used to have separate can bins on the beach, and the fire house at 130th used to have bins as well but the city stopped recycling a bunch of years back because it was too expensive lol

Yeah I remember I used to take it to that firehouse but I checked it out and there is an unmarked container…and website no longer says anything about recycling…come to think of it last time I put my recycling there it felt iffy