Author Topic: NEWBIE OF DRIVING IN D.C NEEDS HELP  (Read 14032 times)

notme

Re: NEWBIE OF DRIVING IN D.C NEEDS HELP
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »
sell your ticket on craigslist and stay home and watch tv.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:24 pm »
sell your ticket on craigslist and stay home and watch tv.
Actually, in all honesty, probably the best advice in the entire thread. I was disgusted with so many of you actually aiding someone in attending a Coheed And Cambria concert. I just got done watching the HBO biopic You Don't Know Jack, and let me tell you, its you people who should be spending 8.5 years in jail, not Kevorkian.

killsaly

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 05:33:10 pm »
Just have to say...dumb move by Jin last night. If they were childless, it would have been romantic. As it was, it left a little girl orphaned.

But really, who's going to care if they get off the island? All the people viewers cared about are dead. It's looking more and more like Sasquatch and myself are going to be the only ones left.
Orphaned and left with rich relatives, so I think she will survive.  Plus i was pretty sure none of them were ever going to get off the island again.  Maybe they will, but i have a feeling all will stay.

Also, ive been thinking the alternate timeline is some kind of weird heaven, and by the end of it all, all characters will be dead. But that doesnt factor in who might take over Jacobs job...

James Ford

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:19 pm »
Somehow I think the baby would be better off with it's daddy than with it's shady rich grandparents.

Just have to say...dumb move by Jin last night. If they were childless, it would have been romantic. As it was, it left a little girl orphaned.

But really, who's going to care if they get off the island? All the people viewers cared about are dead. It's looking more and more like Sasquatch and myself are going to be the only ones left.
Orphaned and left with rich relatives, so I think she will survive.  Plus i was pretty sure none of them were ever going to get off the island again.  Maybe they will, but i have a feeling all will stay.

Also, ive been thinking the alternate timeline is some kind of weird heaven, and by the end of it all, all characters will be dead. But that doesnt factor in who might take over Jacobs job...

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:14:01 pm »
god i hate not being able to continue reading a good thread because you people won't stop talking about a show that i'm still on season 5 through netflix.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 10:08:21 am »
Yeah.  Thread jacks are bad enough, but thread jacks with spoilers??  C'mon, people!

Christine Moritz

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 12:57:08 pm »
And to return the original poster's question... Driving in D.C. really isn't all that bad, but if you're new to it and stressing out about it, your best bet is to purchase a ticket for the 9:30 Club's parking lot.

When I first started going to the club after I moved to this area in 1998, I parked in the 9:30 Club's lot.  (I didn't know how to parallel-park then, though, so I guess street parking wouldn't really have been an option anyway.)

After the first year or two, I parked on the street.  I've never had any problems, but I always make sure that there is nothing visible inside my car.  (And I try to park on better-traveled streets rather than true side streets, although that's really more for my safety than my car's.)

The neighborhood where the club is located is also a LOT less sketchy now than it used to be.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »

The neighborhood where the club is located is also a LOT less sketchy now than it used to be.
Sooooo much less sketchy, my stepdad always scolded me for going to 930 by myself or with friends, he recently went through there and said it's wayyy better.

I blame the gay nightclub.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »

Sooooo much less sketchy, my stepdad always scolded me for going to 930 by myself or with friends, he recently went through there and said it's wayyy better.

I blame the gay nightclub.

we do know how to stroke the mighty shaft of an area until it comes out clean.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2023, 06:48:59 am »
Just read they are adding 342 new speed cameras in DC (adding to the 140 already)

So what will dic do with the buckets of cash these will generate… maybe the gondolas to Arlington?

This made me chuckle from the mayor
"This is what I believe. We don't really – really – want to collect a dollar from those cameras" she said. "We want people to stop at red lights, stay out of bus lanes, don't run stop signs, and stop driving recklessly in our city. That's what we want."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 06:51:38 am by IncludingAHat ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2023, 12:05:43 pm »
"We want people to stop at red lights, stay out of bus lanes, don't run stop signs, and stop driving recklessly in our city."

easy: ban drivers from Virginia.
<sig>

notme

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2023, 08:29:21 pm »
i usually run red lights, blow thru stop signs, ride on wrong side of road, go wrong way on one way street at least 100 x's a day. on a bicycle.