Author Topic: RHCP to come to 930?  (Read 11182 times)

chokeychicken

Re: RHCP to come to 930?
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2006, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Señor Carlos:
  I've got no particular love or hate for the Chili Peppers.  But it does seen like they've been taking the same song to bank over and over and over and over again ever since that Under the Bridge song like 15 years ago.  It all just sounds like a rehash of the same formula.

But that's just me.  Feel free to disagree.
RHCP song came on the radio last night and i was thinking the exact same thing.

incubus does the same thing.

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
Mary J.Bilge

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2006, 12:18:00 pm »
I can't really claim hatred on them now cuz they're just not that high on the radar screen.  I never listen to fm radio or watch mtv, so I never really hear them.  I've not heard anything off the new record, at least I don't think I have, but if I did I mistook it for one of their older poppy ballady things.

I have in the past, however, hated them for two things:

They let Dave Navarro, the biggest hostess twinkie mother fucker in modern rock, into their band for a little while.

And during my one semester in a college dormatory, the Mothers Milk record was the biggest thing going and everyone was playing it non stop to the point that I wanted to either blow up the building or jump out of the window.

Originally posted by Steny Hoyer, Pubic Destroyer:
  I completely agree.

Wouldn't that be enough to cause at least some degree of hatred? Unless, of course, you like the song.

Originally posted by Señor Carlos:
  I've got no particular love or hate for the Chili Peppers.  But it does seen like they've been taking the same song to bank over and over and over and over again ever since that Under the Bridge song like 15 years ago.  It all just sounds like a rehash of the same formula.

But that's just me.  Feel free to disagree.
[/b]

reubs

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2006, 07:49:00 pm »
So... regardless of your feelings towards their music does anyone have a better idea of whether they will be coming or not?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2006, 10:34:00 pm »
the peppers are scheduled to play the verizon center on 1/25.  there has been no real info about a 930 appearance, only rumour and wishful thinking.  *if* they played the 930, it would probably be some sort of "secret show" - which i wouldn't hold my breath for.  sign up for 930 newsletters to stay in the loop (link on www.930.com front page), but if you want to see them perform locally i'd get a ticket to the verizon show.  and *if* they came to the 930, the tickets would sell out in less than 2 seconds and no one would get any (except scalpers, of course).  so all hope is futile.  happy new year.
<sig>

chokeychicken

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2006, 12:47:00 am »
i wouldn't put it past 930 to bring them here, but i wouldn't hold my breath.  it just doesn't seem likely.  although they did bring the foo fighters, and crazier things have happened.  IF they do come to 930, expect EXTREMELY STRICT rules, such as will call only, 2 ticket limit, wristbands, etc; to prevent re-selling.  If they do come to 930, it will be a TOUGH ticket.  it's possible.  but i would not count on it.

reubs

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2006, 12:10:00 am »
alright thanks to both who helped. I am actually coming all the way from Albany NY. RHCP did a secret show in LA a month or 2 ago. The way tickets were given out was actually at some local circuit city. I am wondering if the distribution for 930 would be the same? provided that they do infact end up there. Or would there just be an advertised sale?

ayates

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2006, 12:24:00 am »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  i wouldn't put it past 930 to bring them here, but i wouldn't hold my breath.  it just doesn't seem likely.  although they did bring the foo fighters, and crazier things have happened.  IF they do come to 930, expect  EXTREMELY STRICT rules, such as will call only, 2 ticket limit, wristbands, etc; to prevent re-selling.  If they do come to 930, it will be a TOUGH ticket.  it's possible.  but i would not count on it.
Mandatory earplugs and blindfolds?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2006, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by reubs:
  alright thanks to both who helped. I am actually coming all the way from Albany NY. RHCP did a secret show in LA a month or 2 ago. The way tickets were given out was actually at some local circuit city. I am wondering if the distribution for 930 would be the same? provided that they do infact end up there. Or would there just be an advertised sale?
if there is a show, i suspect sales would be through the usual tickets.com... but this show will not happen.  one, it hasn't been announced and is generally unlikely.  second, IF it does happen, you won't get tickets because of demand and ticket.com's limitations in times of surges.  you've been warned.
<sig>