Author Topic: Before you come visit us in SF...  (Read 19868 times)

vansmack

Re: Before you come visit us in SF...
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 04:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  I do enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner, but I though the whole Napa/Sonoma experience was a bit of a disappointment.
Probably didn't have the right guide.  I didn't care much for it originally as well (and still dislike the lack of diversity), however with the right group and the right person taking you to particular places, it can be quite fun, I have found.
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 04:13:00 pm »
I recommend heading up towards Calistoga and hitting Sterling Vineyards. A tram ride takes you up to the vineyard and it has breathtaking views of the Napa valley. and their wine is _really_ good. If any of you guys (im assuming its all guys who were posting) are bringing girlfriends/wives, calistoga has some great spas, and their massages (especially any grapeseed wraps) are heaven!

ive always wanted to go to ravenswood vineyards. i think thats up in santa rosa.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
   A tram ride takes you up to the vineyard and it has breathtaking views of the Napa valley. and their wine is _really_ good. If any of you guys (im assuming its all guys who were posting) are bringing girlfriends/wives, calistoga has some great spas, and their massages (especially any grapeseed wraps) are heaven!
Sssshhh!!!  They might hear you.

We're really only going to drink wine.  Don't start putting ideas in their head!
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
My friend has a website which lists shows in the Bay Area:

www.theiroldershitwasbetter.com

You can also check out:
 www.playinginfog.com

Originally posted by SalParadise:
  vansmack, got any SF recommendations for this weekend?
(_|_)

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 04:53:00 pm »
Do they give happy ending?

I recommend heading up towards Calistoga and hitting Sterling Vineyards. A tram ride takes you up to the vineyard and it has breathtaking views of the Napa valley. and their wine is _really_ good. If any of you guys (im assuming its all guys who were posting) are bringing girlfriends/wives, calistoga has some great spas, and their massages (especially any grapeseed wraps) are heaven!

ive always wanted to go to ravenswood vineyards. i think thats up in santa rosa.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »

yeah, wife and i did the calistoga spa thing for our anniversary. . .while it wasn't auberge, it was still pretty relaxing.

and yeah, the right group of people can really make all the difference in wine tasting and winery hopping.
OU812

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 03:44:00 pm »
sorry but i cant divulge that information. besides, im a chick... you should ask smackie about that. im sure he can help you out.

Do they give happy ending?

[/b]
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »
  sorry but i cant divulge that information. besides, im a chick... you should ask smackie about that. im sure he can help you out.

[qb] Do they give happy ending?

[/b]
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
27>34

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 08:57:56 am »
Could we possibly get a more modern visitor's guide? It appears I will be visiting San Fran for the first time in October.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:52 am »
Could we possibly get a more modern visitor's guide? It appears I will be visiting San Fran for the first time in October.

Do you have dates for your visit yet?  That month, the week/weekend that you are their could change everything...
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 11:48:18 am »
I will also be visiting your city in october... 27th -31st.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »

Do you have dates for your visit yet?  That month, the week/weekend that you are their could change everything...
I should know the exact dates within the week. I will PM you.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 12:03:01 pm »
Oct 2,3 4:

http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2015/

Oct 9,10, 11:

http://fleetweeksf.org/

Oct 17-18

Treasure Island Music Festival
www.treasureislandfestival.com

I think twitter also has a dev conference and Apple has their iPhone Conference, though sometimes that is on Cupertino.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2015, 12:08:54 pm »

Right on.

I'm getting married on the 3rd, and then will be in Bora Bora through the 18th, but should be around Halloween weekend.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 03:15:07 pm »

Right on.

I'm getting married on the 3rd, and then will be in Bora Bora through the 18th, but should be around Halloween weekend.

Congrats on the nuptials.  I'm coming to town for a wedding on Halloween, am seeing the Zombies while I am there at the fillmore. 

Bora Bora.  That will be amazing.  I'm jealous.