Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1380102 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #4215 on: July 05, 2014, 02:50:37 pm »
Congrats Hutch!  Now you deserve to be in the top 10.

Thanks. Priceless win... I dont want to overstate how big for us....at the same time keep our eyes on the prize because once you make it to the semis you have a golden opportunity..losing Di Maria is a huge huge loss... I doubt he'll be back but we'll see..

when I was a little kid we won the 1978 Cup at home (I was there)...then we won 86 with Maradona... then in 90 with pure luck, Maradona on one leg, and cynical football we made it to the finals.... At that time I thought "Good lord, we really are the best...we can't lose!".....goddamn has it been a long time since we made it to the semis..i think of all the great players that have come and gone that couldn't get it done.....  and luck had a lot to do with it...this team got the most favorable draw imaginable....but I was pleased with the performance today and the team played a bit better today...... Of course I would favor the Netherlands in a potential matchup but you never know..

shemptiness

« Reply #4216 on: July 08, 2014, 04:31:09 pm »
Invoke the slaughter rule already.  Holy crap.

vansmack

« Reply #4217 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:57 pm »

I believe the word you're looking for is....

Blitzkreig
27>34

Yada

« Reply #4218 on: July 08, 2014, 04:53:12 pm »

hutch

« Reply #4219 on: July 08, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »
best.worldcup.ever.

hutch

« Reply #4220 on: July 08, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
I' m getting a shirt with the Brazilian crying lady on it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lagas

« Reply #4221 on: July 08, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »

I believe the word you're looking for is....

Blitzkreig

Schadenfreude
zorra

shemptiness

« Reply #4222 on: July 09, 2014, 09:50:10 am »
Russian Orthodox Priest Says Football Is Gay ? Because of Its Shoes

Priest Alexander Shumsky seems to have taken particular exception to the brightly colored footwear on display in Brazil, writing in his column on Christian website Russian People's Line that players who wear green, yellow, pink or blue shoes helped promote the "gay rainbow."

"Wearing pink or blue shoes, [the players] might as well wear women's panties or a bra," Shumsky wrote, adding that he was also offended by the "unthinkable" hairstyles of some of the players in Brazil.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-orthodox-priest-says-football-is-gay--because-of-its-shoes/503090.html

« Reply #4223 on: July 09, 2014, 12:12:35 pm »
the papers in brazil ....

I think this would make a better t-shirt...love the tear streaked face paint
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4224 on: July 09, 2014, 12:20:24 pm »
I liked this one:

"Shame"

And this one:

"Here lies the dream of a sixth championship in 2014. It died of shame."

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:22:11 pm by vansmack »
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4225 on: July 09, 2014, 07:45:04 pm »
woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4226 on: July 09, 2014, 09:04:30 pm »
did anyone, read the article, where brazil is blaming mick jagger?

hutch

« Reply #4227 on: July 09, 2014, 09:20:41 pm »
did anyone, read the article, where brazil is blaming mick jagger?
yeah i read it..he does seem to be a bit of a jinx going back to 1998 Argentina-England quaterfnal..>I feeel bad for the guy cause he just wants to watch good soccer!

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4228 on: July 09, 2014, 09:27:52 pm »
Hutch, I want your shitty kickball team to beat atomics shitty kickball team, only so it will stick in atomics craw. But I know his exuberance over winning will only be matched by his "oh I hate soccer" comments if Germany loses, because he's not a true so cer hater, he's a charlatan, and you idiotic so cer losers don't call him to the carpet over it.

SN: Is there anyway both your teams die on the field scoreless, and America refuses to allow that Teddy Goalsevelt sack-of-shot back into America?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4229 on: July 09, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »
Hutch, I want your shitty kickball team to beat atomics shitty kickball team, only so it will stick in atomics craw. But I know his exuberance over winning will only be matched by his "oh I hate soccer" comments if Germany loses, because he's not a true so cer hater, he's a charlatan, and you idiotic so cer losers don't call him to the carpet over it.

SN: Is there anyway both your teams die on the field scoreless, and America refuses to allow that Teddy Goalsevelt sack-of-shot back into America?

I do believe Atomic is banned....at the very least he has been out for a while since I reported him for a second time (for calling me a racist).