Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1358962 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #4485 on: July 11, 2018, 08:14:55 pm »
Not so fun World Cup Fact: the two teams that trashed Argentina will meet in the final.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4486 on: July 11, 2018, 08:30:01 pm »
silver lining: at least england won't be burned to the ground due to post-celebration riots.

seriously, i would be afraid of how many people would be hurt, and how much property destroyed, if england won it all.  just look how crazy they went when they won the quarter-finals...
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #4487 on: July 11, 2018, 09:19:16 pm »
I really don't want any more penalty kick shootouts
I predict a lot of yellow/red cards

I agree with that sentiment 99% of the time.  But it seemed a fitting way to end this one.   A story either way.

hutch

« Reply #4488 on: July 11, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »
I was kind of shocked to kind of want England to win but I thought Croatia would...just much more technically gifted players like Perisic, Modric and Rakitic but England could have slammed door after going up so early...a bit unlucky...Croatia advancing-again- via penalties would have been obscene

England did a lot right in this Cup...a long overdue fresh approach...I think they can build on this...they just lack the type of players I like although Sterling is interesting but what I like means nothing

hutch

« Reply #4489 on: July 11, 2018, 10:48:34 pm »
Oh almost forgot..the one real weakness for England was Walker

« Reply #4490 on: July 12, 2018, 08:35:58 am »
do we need to get someone to check on smakie....
I'm getting concerned that he's drowning his sorrows in 4 liters of brown sauce
slack

hutch

« Reply #4491 on: July 12, 2018, 01:06:16 pm »
Premier league won

vansmack

« Reply #4492 on: July 12, 2018, 01:41:29 pm »
do we need to get someone to check on smakie....
I'm getting concerned that he's drowning his sorrows in 4 liters of brown sauce

Call off the search - I've been found.  The wife sent a text out last night:

"Boys, I'm sorry football's not coming home this year.  But is my husband coming home?"

At which point the lads picked me up off the bar, threw me in a lyft and sent me home.

I actually feel much worse today than yesterday.  Gutted.  All the promise at halftime, intentionally ignoring what we all knew - failure to capitalize on those early chances was going to bite em in the second half.  Still the best England performance I've seen in a tournament in a very long time...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4493 on: July 15, 2018, 02:20:36 pm »
Hard to argue with winner...the first 60 or so minutes of final where best Final!

Croatia a bit unlucky but the talent on France is pretty sick...when Pogba is relegated to 4th or 5th best player on team!!!

« Reply #4494 on: July 16, 2018, 03:08:41 pm »
Modric was sick
Glad he got the Golden Ball, was one of my favorites to watch this tourney

That was an exciting game, there were few times the Croats were 'this close' to scoring in the last 15 mins

not bad for a team ranked 20th before the cup (although France was ranked 7th...but were a favorite the whole time)

was a little bit redeeming/equalizing that Mandzukic first scored an own goal then later on scored a real goal (and making the goalie look stupid)
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4495 on: July 16, 2018, 05:51:11 pm »
was a little bit redeeming/equalizing that Mandzukic first scored an own goal then later on scored a real goal (and making the goalie look stupid)

The second was also very much an own goal by the keeper but just won't be scored that way....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4496 on: July 16, 2018, 06:39:22 pm »

The second was also very much an own goal by the keeper but just won't be scored that way....

Absolute none sense! He pressures the goalie into making mistake

shemptiness

« Reply #4497 on: December 17, 2018, 11:43:29 am »

K8teebug

« Reply #4498 on: December 19, 2018, 11:19:21 am »
Anyone else a Spurs fan?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4499 on: December 19, 2018, 11:54:51 am »
Anyone else a Spurs fan?
While soccer is terrible and none of you are actually fans of it -- you're just cosplaying being low-class Europeans -- I do have to admit the fact that something named Tottenham Hotspur exists is comedic gold.
LVMH