Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1413286 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #795 on: November 17, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  i'll be setting the alarm and wearing my GOALden boy away shirt tomorrow     :D  
Rooney's out!

BTW - Scotland getting kicked out with virtually the last kick of the match is just priceless. HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA, stupid eff'n jocko's.

A draw for England will do it, although it will have to be 0-0, because with Rooney and Mike out who's going to score?

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #796 on: November 17, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »
  will israel come through tomorrow? game is on fsc, by the way
I guess the answer to that is yes.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #797 on: November 19, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

i'll be setting the alarm and wearing my GOALden boy away shirt tomorrow       :D    
Rooney's out!

BTW - Scotland getting kicked out with virtually the last kick of the match is just priceless. HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA, stupid eff'n jocko's.

A draw for England will do it, although it will have to be 0-0, because with Rooney and Mike out who's going to score? [/b]
crouch has a way better international goal scoring record in the past two years as wayne-o

all joking aside, if england blows it, will wembley burn to the ground
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #798 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
Not to discredit England, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians were paid to lose the game. I am afraid this is starting to happen a lot in tenis, football, and even cricket, maybe betting should be forbidden.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #799 on: November 19, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
wow, that's just a wild accusation. especially since the russian players were supposedly due $80,000 each if they qualified
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #800 on: November 19, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Not to discredit England, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians were paid to lose the game. I am afraid this is starting to happen a lot in tenis, football, and even cricket, maybe betting should be forbidden.
I have to say, that's the dumbest thing to be said on this thread since it was first started....It's the refs that get paid to fix games, not teams.

Barcelona

« Reply #801 on: November 19, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

Originally posted by Barcelona:
I have to say, that's the dumbest thing to be said on this thread since it was first started....It's the refs that get paid to fix games, not teams. [/b]
are you being serious about only the refs fixing the games? germany austria in 1982, spain 12- malta 1...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #802 on: November 21, 2007, 11:04:00 am »
i'm skipping out of work early, and i was thinking of popping in somewhere to watch england today, however the closest bar with the match is 16 miles away. god i hate setanta sometimes
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #803 on: November 21, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
  i'm skipping out of work early, and i was thinking of popping in somewhere to watch england today, however the closest bar with the match is 16 miles away. god i hate setanta sometimes
It's $20 to watch it in a bar, $25 to watch it at home.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #804 on: November 21, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
right, but if i pay $20 cash then it doesnt show up on my cable bill
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #805 on: November 21, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »
  right, but if i pay $20 cash then it doesnt show up on my cable bill
Smackette never sees the DirecTV bill.  You should have seen her face last week when she saw the half off commercial for Sunday Ticket in HD.  Not good.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #806 on: November 21, 2007, 01:21:00 pm »
yeah, i pay all the bills too, but i'd get pissed when i saw the bill, whereas if i pay it right away i only have to think about it once.

i've been asked a couple of times in front of my wife how much the ticket costs. and uh...hopefully they wont charge us an extra $99 for hd next year
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #807 on: November 21, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
  yeah, i pay all the bills too, but i'd get pissed when i saw the bill, whereas if i pay it right away i only have to think about it once.

I used to think that way until I paid for the Greece world cup Q game - so glad I did.

For full disclosure, I'm not paying for the game and will be downloading it this afternoon to watch this evening when I get home.  It's nice to be on the West Coast.
27>34

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #808 on: November 21, 2007, 04:38:00 pm »
So far it seems like $20 or $25 saved as Croatia is up 2 - 0 in the first half.  

Guess the Russians knew what they were doing if they doing if they took the cash. They'll still get in.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #809 on: November 21, 2007, 06:42:00 pm »
I really don't give a toss that England didn't qualify...really! Hopefully the FA have finally learned a lesson and will get a manager that knows what the hell he's doing, and get shot of this idiot, who's career peaked as assistant to Fergie...He really proved himself at Boro!   :roll:  

I'm just glad it's over, it's been like waiting for a loose tooth to fall out..