Author Topic: Justin Timberlake roll call  (Read 6622 times)

saco

Re: Justin Timberlake roll call
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 07:32:00 pm »
In my opinion, someone who buys a home with the sole intent to turn around and sell it for 50K more than they paid without improving it at all, yes.  Too many hard working people have been screwed out of buying homes because of the insane real estate prices, which has been partially caused by folks doing just that.

Greed is one of the seven deadly sins, thats my point.  Whether its real estate or tickets or milk, selling something out of pure greed is wrong.

nkotb

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 08:33:00 pm »
Better after marriage than just before it, eh lulu?  ;)  

Originally posted by poorlulu:
 nkotb now that your married have all your standards dropped or what?

lily1

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2006, 09:48:00 pm »
*ahem*

still looking for a ticket, good, kind, forumites!

lily1

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »
ticket? anyone? bueller?

i think i need to give up and make other plans. the amount of listings on craig's list is mindboggling, not to mention the prices are ridiculous. hell, i wouldn't even pay that much for u2, and i LOVE u2.

Bags

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 09:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

dunno if you were around for the foos show at 930, but scalping was definitely limited by bracelets and will-call [/b]
You can't compare that to a regular show -- if that were the normal M.O. that the club had to go through, tickets would probably be as expensive as through a broker anyhow.  Remember, there were NO tickets sold to that Foo show -- they were all won, so every person's name was on a list.  Because of the complexity of the event, there was a very rigorous and resource-intensive process to get folks in legitimately.

PS, if I had to go through that for every show, I'd probably stop going to most.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 11:21:00 pm »
  You can't compare that to a regular show -- if that were the normal M.O. that the club had to go through, tickets would probably be as expensive as through a broker anyhow.
uh, you missed my point... extra precautions aren't needd for most shows, so this doesn't need to be the usual M.O. - only for shows like JT, the foos, prince, etc.  the idea is to limit scalping, only the "big" shows are scalpable.

Remember, there were NO tickets sold to that Foo show -- they were all won, so every person's name was on a list. Because of the complexity of the event, there was a very rigorous and resource-intensive process to get folks in legitimately.
we must be thinking of different shows, tickets were definitely sold to the last foos show at 930 (last fall).  tickets were limited to 2 per order, i believe that when you picked up your bracelets you needed to put one one immediately.  could be wrong about those details...

PS, if I had to go through that for every show, I'd probably stop going to most.  
absolutely, way too much hassle.  but i never said or intended to imply that all shows need the hassle, since us regular civilians can get tickets to those.
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »
so, I have to say, that this might have been one of the best shows I've ever seen period, and definitely one of the best at the 9:30 Club.  Just incredible.

clarkbar9

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2006, 03:42:00 pm »
i wholeheartedly agree.  any and all naysayers would be completely silenced if they had seen that show.  this album is going to be a monster hit.

anyone get the setlist?

crowes654

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2006, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  so, I have to say, that this might have been one of the best shows I've ever seen period, and definitely one of the best at the 9:30 Club.  Just incredible.
sure it is, for the processed, modern R&B sounds of today.

Me?  I'll just throw on an Al Green record.  Justin Timbalake will never, ever make important music.

chokeychicken

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »
the show WAS really good.  and every hot woman that has ever existed in DC was there, which didn't hurt.

Sage 703

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by crowes654:

Originally posted by callat703:
sure it is, for the processed, modern R&B sounds of today.

Me?  I'll just throw on an Al Green record.  Justin Timbalake will never, ever make important music. [/b]
Were you there?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2006, 11:25:00 pm »
Were you there?  
uh, guess who started this thread... check out post #1.  zoinks.
<sig>

SalParadise

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 12:55:00 am »
Originally posted by crowes654:
    Justin Timbalake will never, ever make important music.
leave timbaland out of this.

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 01:25:00 am »
Is Justin still on smack?

Sage 703

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2006, 10:51:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Were you there?  
uh, guess who started this thread... check out post #1.  zoinks. [/b]
Yeah, I know  :)   I started the thread.  I was asking  the Al Green fan if he/she was there.