Author Topic: Pixies at Merriweather  (Read 8138 times)

brennser

Re: Pixies at Merriweather
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2005, 02:16:00 pm »
of those 8 times the only one that was under 300 miles from my house was the merriweather show which i missed half of. i have had to go to extraordinary means to see them! nyc(2), toronto, montreal, altanta(2), coachella.  
does this have anything to do with your screen name??   :)

distance

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  does this have anything to do with your screen name??    :)  
no.
 nor does it have anything to do with the cake song. i've been using this name longer than that. do you have any idea how many times i've had people say 'he's going the distance' since that damn song came out in 1996?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2005, 02:21:00 pm »
So why was the traffic for the Radiohead show so insanely bad?  I've been going to MPP for over 20 years and I've never had any difficulty getting there on time.  Why was this one so painful?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2005, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  So why was the traffic for the Radiohead show so insanely bad?  I've been going to MPP for over 20 years and I've never had any difficulty getting there on time.  Why was this one so painful?
i don't know the fluid dynamics behind it, but it took us almost 3 hours to get there from NW DC ... much of it was spent in the time off the interstate, near the venue ... i hate being stuck in traffic and being late to concerts, so this one was really painful

made me happy that i don't own a car...
(o|o)

eip

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »
traffic was horrible to radiohead because it was rush hour and there was an orioles home game.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
unless you were working with us, or are the guy from scotland that i sent away in tears, complaining about the bull run shows is VERBOTEN.  no matter what your story is, it wasn't that bad, and we've heard it already anyway.

radiohead has apparently angered the gods, and should never try to play dc ever again.

distance

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
 radiohead has apparently angered the gods, and should never try to play dc ever again.
i say they should try to make up for it and do like 4 nights at a general admission place in the dc area.

alex

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Am I the only one hearing rumours that Sonic Youth might be opening this show?

SalParadise

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:

i say they should try to make up for it and do like 4 nights at a general admission place in the dc area. [/b]
radiohead is playing at my house...my house.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2005, 03:58:00 pm »
my ipod just shuffled over to radiohead's "street spirit [fade out]" from the bends ... i hadn't heard the song in a while and i can't believe how much the opening guitar riff sounds like Guns n Roses ... wow ...
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
can anyone help me out, what GnR song does it sound like, this is killing me ...
(o|o)

joz

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
the MPP radiohead show was annoying for me because they had this shitty "no camera" rule which apparently also included cell phones with photo capabilities. not that i planned to use my camera phone at the show, but i just happened to switch to a picture cell phone not too long before that and it didn't even occur to me that i should leave it at home in the event of a no-"camera" policy. i mean, wtf??  my phone takes the worst pictures ever...i couldn't even take a clear photo of the person sitting next to me, nevertheless to take a photo of the band (especially considering i was seated near the back of the pavilion).  

so, the assholes checking bags made me take it all the way back to the car which was parked way out at the columbia mall. there was a whole group of us (i didn't drive) and, luckily, the person with the car keys hadn't gone in yet. otherwise, i guess i would've been ditching my cell phone, or would've listened to the show from outside the venue. what if i someone had dropped me off, or i had taken a taxi from my friend's apartment in columbia (which i did for curiosa)? ended up missing malkmus and barely made it for the first radiohead song. i was uber pissed.

joz

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  can anyone help me out, what GnR song does it sound like, this is killing me ...
civil war?

lionforce5

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
????

Something off the Use your Illusion albums maybe?  I'm not hearing it.

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2005, 04:09:00 pm »
Speaking of Radiohead, I've been listening to the archive of last night's Swingin Doors on KEXP, and they played Gillian Welch doing a Radiohead cover. "Black Star" or something like that. I think I'll stick to her own stuff.

Originally posted by SalParadise:

Originally posted by distance:

i say they should try to make up for it and do like 4 nights at a general admission place in the dc area. [/b]
radiohead is playing at my house...my house. [/b]