Author Topic: dylan likes everything to be old and rich, like him  (Read 11425 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: dylan likes everything to be old and rich, like him
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 08:22:00 am »
I'd say Dylan's scathing personality is one of the main things that makes his music so great.  In my mind you can't have one without the other....I love the way his cynicism and venom shine through on some of the older stuff, esp after he started turning it up.  Clearly he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

Ballad of a Thin Man is good example......just love that song and that whole record.

Asshole, douche, shitbag, who cares.  It's Dylan.  Without him, well, who knows.  I don't care how personable he is.

And as far as using one of Warhol's paintings as a dartboard, well he probably just increased its value a thousand times.

Bags

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 09:20:00 am »
Rumor on the street is that Foo Fighters are opening for Dylan on his fall tour -- they'll be playing their acoustic set.

chaz

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 10:41:00 am »
And by the way, how did Warhol expect Dylan to act when he came in for a visit?

That's like having GG Allin over for brunch and then being surprised when he shits on your floor and tries to fuck your dog.

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 11:02:00 am »
I din't know dead people could shit or fuck dogs.

chaz

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 11:05:00 am »
You din't?

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 11:41:00 am »
I would like to point out that I have bascially said the same thing that Dylan is saying. Does that make me an asshole and a douche, too?

:)

Originally posted by walkonby:
  in a recent interview (rolling stone, i think) he states that all music of the last twenty years sucks, and calls it nothing more than "static."  my favorite part was when he said that he believes in free downloading, because the music is worthless, anyway.

chaz

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 12:10:00 pm »
Not for that specific reason, no.

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  I would like to point out that I have bascially said the same thing that Dylan is saying. Does that make me an asshole and a douche, too?

:)  

Originally posted by walkonby:
  in a recent interview (rolling stone, i think) he states that all music of the last twenty years sucks, and calls it nothing more than "static."  my favorite part was when he said that he believes in free downloading, because the music is worthless, anyway.
[/b]

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by who the fuck are you?:
  I'd say Dylan's scathing personality is one of the main things that makes his music so great.  In my mind you can't have one without the other....I love the way his cynicism and venom shine through on some of the older stuff, esp after he started turning it up.  Clearly he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

Ballad of a Thin Man is good example......just love that song and that whole record.

Asshole, douche, shitbag, who cares.  It's Dylan.  Without him, well, who knows.  I don't care how personable he is.

And as far as using one of Warhol's paintings as a dartboard, well he probably just increased its value a thousand times.
I actually wasn't even referring to that, hmm...

But yeah, I think as well that's one of the things that's so great about Dylan.  He kind of knows he's a dick and knows he can get away with it because he writes brilliant music, and listening to him...if you know more about him, you want to hate him but it becomes difficult to do so because he's also so sincere.  I guess I could say I respect him for speaking his mind.

chaz

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:

Originally posted by who the fuck are you?:

I actually wasn't even referring to that, hmm...

But yeah, I think as well that's one of the things that's so great about Dylan.  He kind of knows he's a dick and knows he can get away with it because he writes brilliant music, and listening to him...if you know more about him, you want to hate him but it becomes difficult to do so because he's also so sincere.  I guess I could say I respect him for speaking his mind. [/b]
So then what exactly did he do to warhol?

ggw

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 01:31:00 pm »
He stole Edie Sedgwick.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
Yes, but she ended up with Kevin Bacon, of the fabulously talented Birchmere regulars the Bacon Brothers. Funny how often everything works out perfectly in the end.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  He stole Edie Sedgwick.

chaz

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
  He stole Edie Sedgwick.
Oh yes I think I've heard some version of that story.  Boo hoo.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 02:32:00 pm »
  He stole Edie Sedgwick.
He didn't just take Edie...he "stole" a good half of the guy's friends.  In short, he sabatoged Warhol, and then he proceeded to lead on, lie to, and sabatoge Edie.  Prick.

He had some pretty obnoxious management, too.

ggw

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 03:04:00 pm »
In other words, Warhol's hangers on decided to hitch their wagon to Dylan instead.

walkonby

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
they were all on drugs and pretending to be pretty and important (except the genius), so who cares.

warhol is the only one that matters, and he wasn't mad at dylan.