Author Topic: anybody know if the beastie boys are coming?  (Read 1000 times)

tonya

anybody know if the beastie boys are coming?
« on: March 19, 2004, 06:38:00 pm »
I heard that they were coming to 930.  Has any body else heard that?

redsock

Re: anybody know if the beastie boys are coming?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 06:42:00 pm »
They are supposed to be planning a big tour this summer, in support of their new album...but 930 club seems a little small for them. Unless it was a special show.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 06:49:00 pm »
I saw them last at Madison Square Garden. Hard to imagine they'd play 9:30.  If there's a special show, I wanna know though!!!

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 10:14:00 pm »
That makes two of us........I'd say that show would sell out in five minutes.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 08:25:00 am »
You never know.  They played here in '94, before 9:30 took over the space.  They were pretty big back then.  I think this was a few weeks before Ill Communication came out.   It would definitely be a very hot ticket, but I wouldn't be all that surprised.

That was one of the best shows I ever saw.  The end of May, an afternoon show and it was something like 90 degrees outside.  Must've been over 100 inside.  No a/c.  The bar was a couple of folding tables in the back.  From the moment they jumped on stage until the end of the show, the entire place was one giant dancing, bouncing mass of sweaty people.  Even the folks in the balcony were jumping around and dancing like crazy.  I think I have a really bad video of this show somewhere.  I'll have to look for that.

The show was over around dinner time. Just enough time to grab a bite to eat, shower and head to Hammerjacks to see The Pretenders.  What a great day.