Author Topic: Is the Bush 2 re-election really a slam-dunk?  (Read 5182 times)

Is the Bush 2 re-election really a slam-dunk?
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »
Many political pundits think it is.  W has taken great pains to promote a display of force during the holiday season, with various showy CODE ORANGE security rituals.  Via this, he seems determined not to let Osama spoil his party with a splashy terror event in the 'homeland'.  So far, so good.  His security regimin seems to have had the desired effect.  Poll numbers & approval ratings remain high.  What could possibly go wrong?  

Privately though, security spooks-in-the-know are worried.  What are they fretting about, you might well ask???  They are wringing their hands and mopping their brows over this Global Media Circus!  I'm quite sure secure tongues are wagging, "Athens?  Why there?  Why now?  Greek security is a sieve...it's a total joke."!

You can bet that Al-(All your base are belong to us!)-Qaeda would like to strike at the infidel crusaders when all eyes are focused worldwide on a global spectacle!

What do you think?  Will the 2004 Athens games go off without a hitch?  'Homeland Security' seems quite secure, but what about Non-Homeland Security???

Venerable Bede

Re: Is the Bush 2 re-election really a slam-dunk?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 03:49:00 pm »
greece will be lucky enough just to get all the buildings for the olympics completed on time. . .they've already given up on building enough housing and are just gonna house people on boats.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 04:02:00 pm »
There's also Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006...Footie competitions watched by the whole world but Doodleville.

ggw

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
An attack in Athens is not such a bad thing (politically speaking) for Bush.  It would show that the world is a very dangerous place and it could be spun to show that his draconian measures are necessary and that terrorists are forced to attack overseas because our crack Homeland Security team has prevented them from attacking in the U.S.

grotty

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 04:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  our crack Homeland Security team has prevented them from attacking in the U.S.
Have they really prevented them from happening?

Immediately after the 9/11 attacks, I would have bet anything that another attack was soon to follow. It would have crippled us - at least temporarily. No one would have wanted to leave the house.  It wouldn't have even had to have been on the same scale - a bomb in a shopping mall, etc. If they are willing to die - it is impossible to stop these small scale attacks. So - why hasn't it happened again yet? I can't believe it has anything to do with the Homeland Security team.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 04:34:00 pm »
Suicide/homicide bombers...I predict that's the next thing to hit these shores....I was sure it was going to happen in Time Square on New Years Eve.

Fuckers, I say nuke the whole lot of them because we'll have to sooner or later, so it may as well be sooner.   ;)

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Suicide/homicide bombers...I predict that's the next thing to hit these shores....I was sure it was going to happen in Time Square on New Years Eve.

Fuckers, I say nuke the whole lot of them because we'll have to sooner or later, so it may as well be sooner.    ;)  
I cant believe i'm actually agreeing with Mankie!!!!!!! As for the suicide bombers, i think they came over here but once the camel fu$%ers realized how well off they are over here they changed their minds and forget about going back to living in their caves.

mankie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:

Fuckers, I say nuke the whole lot of them because we'll have to sooner or later, so it may as well be sooner.     ;)  
I cant believe i'm actually agreeing with Mankie!!!!!!! As for the suicide bombers, i think they came over here but once the camel fu$%ers realized how well off they are over here they changed their minds and forget about going back to living in their caves. [/b]
I was joking about the nuking thing...although seriously, it's about time the west came to the realization we're at war with these twats...because they're at war with us that's for sure.

ggw

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by grotty:

our crack Homeland Security team has prevented them from attacking in the U.S.
Have they really prevented them from happening?

Immediately after the 9/11 attacks, I would have bet anything that another attack was soon to follow. It would have crippled us - at least temporarily. No one would have wanted to leave the house.  It wouldn't have even had to have been on the same scale - a bomb in a shopping mall, etc. If they are willing to die - it is impossible to stop these small scale attacks. So - why hasn't it happened again yet? I can't believe it has anything to do with the Homeland Security team. [/b]
I was simply pointing out the political "spin" that could be put on such a situation.

mankie

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 05:16:00 pm »
Three Texas surgeons were playing golf together and discussing surgeries
 they had performed.
 One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in Texas.. a  concert pianist lost 7
 fingers in an accident, I reattached  them, and 8 months later he performed
 a private concert for the  Queen of England."

One of the others said. "That's nothing. A young man lost both  arms and
 legs in an accident, I reattached them, and 2 years later he  won a gold
 medal in field events in the Olympics."

The third surgeon said, "You guys are amateurs. Several years ago  a cowboy
 who was high on cocaine and alcohol rode a horse head-on  into a train
 traveling 80 miles an hour. All I had left to   work with was the horse's
 ass and a cowboy hat. Now he's  president of the United States."

ggw

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 05:36:00 pm »

mankie

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
  Clark Receives Kiss of Death
Geeez...I bet he'd rather have gotten an endorsement from Osama!

ggw

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 05:43:00 pm »
 Geeez...I bet he'd rather have gotten an endorsement from Osama!
Well he did get one from Cher.

ratioci nation

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »
  Well he did get one from Cher.
Madonna's endorsement sealed the deal for me.  She is so wise.

ggw

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 05:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
 Madonna's endorsement sealed the deal for me.
Can Britney's endorsement be far behind?