Author Topic: 9:30 Club - A Sick Building?  (Read 5242 times)

AlanOnymous

9:30 Club - A Sick Building?
« on: June 17, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »
No disrespect meant, I love the place that's why I keep coming back.

But (once again) I woke up with sinus infection after last night's show at 9:30 Club. No surprise really. I've been going to 9:30 club for years and I always wind up with a sinus infection or raspy cough within two days of being there.

Anybody else experience this?

walkonby

Re: 9:30 Club - A Sick Building?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 06:21:00 pm »
it's called:  a venue that allows everyone to chain smoke themselves into nicotine induced comas, while rudely throwing their butts onto the floor and bumping into others with lit cherries.  f people who smoke cigarettes.  die sooner than me.  breathe blackness through an iron lung and make everyone else's medical insurance that much higher.

AlanOnymous

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 07:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  it's called:  a venue that allows everyone to chain smoke themselves into nicotine induced comas, while rudely throwing their butts onto the floor and bumping into others with lit cherries.  f people who smoke cigarettes.  die sooner than me.  breathe blackness through an iron lung and make everyone else's medical insurance that much higher.
I go to plenty of places where there's smoke. My guess is that  it's like that federal building here in DC on Independence that had to be closed because of all the filth in the venhilation system. They studied it, and found that all the spores/bacteria that had accumulated was making the workers sick. The building had the highest incidence of sick leave in all of the government.

I've attended three shows at 9:30 in as many weeks and I have the crud coming out of my sinuses.   :(

cafewaugh

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 08:18:00 pm »
I would wear a sinus protector while at the club, also I would wear ear plugs because my ears always ring after a really good performance. Why do we play so loud, good question, I think it is to drown out the background noise from those idiots that just can't wait to talk until after the peformance. would you know anyone like that....

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 12:58:00 am »
I've been working at 9:30 going on seven years now and I don't think I get sick any more than the average person.

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 01:26:00 am »
Now if you were talking about the old club I could see it.  The new place has no rats and no other funkiness.  I have also been going there pretty regularly since the opening and have not had problems.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 01:52:00 am »
I used to get bad sinus/coughing problems after a show at the club, I just put it down to the filthy, yellow teethed, stinking, cancer ridden inconsiderate smokers. Maybe you're on to something though because it never seemed so bad if I went to other places full of the vermin that smokers are.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 02:15:00 am »
I've come down with tuberculosis a few times after shows at the club, but I always thought that was from making out with the crack ho's who hang out behind the 9:30 on 8th street.  But I'd just pop a couple of doxycyclines the next day, and I'd usually be fine in no time.
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 08:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  I've come down with the clap a few times after shows at the club, but I always thought that was from docking with that guy who hangs out behind the 9:30 on 8th street.  But I'd just pop a couple of penicillin the next day, and I'd usually be fine in no time.
errr, T-M-I

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  I've gotten beaten up a couple of times for trying to fondle men's cocks in the 9:30 bathroom between sets, but beyond that, no health problems...
that's inappropriate!
_\|/_

hostiledm

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 10:40:00 am »
but funny.

AlanOnymous

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:

Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  I've gotten beaten up a couple of times for trying to fondle men's cocks in the 9:30 bathroom between sets, but beyond that, no health problems...
that's inappropriate! [/b]
Hubba hubba.
   ;)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 02:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by cafewaugh:
  I would wear a sinus protector while at the club, also I would wear ear plugs because my ears always ring after a really good performance.
you must get all the chicks ... do you have headgear too?
(o|o)

Volk

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 09:51:00 pm »
Yeah, it's definitely from the smokers dude. Happens to me EVERY time I'm in a place like that.

hitman

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 02:30:00 am »
I've never had a problem from the smoke.  Every once in a while I will feel like that if I've been on the balcony right underneath of the vent.