Author Topic: The John Spencer Blues Explosion  (Read 11520 times)

kurosawa-b/w

The John Spencer Blues Explosion
« on: December 03, 2002, 05:32:00 pm »
Anyone else notice that they are doing a show at the Ottobar Jan. 15th?

nkotb

Re: The John Spencer Blues Explosion
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 05:33:00 pm »
No, but that's good news...

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 10:48:00 pm »
hey are you two going to go together?.....<P>oh no,no i meant to the show...........<P>will it be cold enough then to wear your scarf nkotb?

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 12:30:00 am »
Maybe we'll even see him share his scarf with her.  

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 02:06:00 am »
Don't let me catch any of you rankin' on scarves!
_\|/_

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 12:16:00 pm »
Where did you see that JSBX is playing the Otto Bar?  They don't list it on their site yet.  Thanks.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2002, 06:31:00 pm »
Hey, Sailor. *chuckles* <BR>I saw it listed in several places: the Matador Records site, the Mission Media weekly email, etc. I don't know when it goes on sale. I'm not even sure I will make it up to the show.<P>And somehow I knew you wouldn't be able to resist making that comment, Poorlulu.   I've said it before, and I will say it again -it's hard to resist those indie scarves...

dtqjr

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2002, 11:36:00 pm »
I saw it in the weekly Ottobar newsletter and they said the tickets go on sale tomorrow but didn't say where or through whom.

Jaguär

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2002, 11:47:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dtqjr:<BR><B>I saw it in the weekly Ottobar newsletter and they said the tickets go on sale tomorrow but didn't say where or through whom.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The last I had checked, anything at The Ottobar has be purchased either online through Mission Tix or at the club the night of the show. At least, that's what they told me last Summer. You may want to call them to check that out.<P>

Venerable Bede

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2002, 11:42:00 am »
i hear the blues is number 1
OU812

markie

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2002, 12:03:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dtqjr:<BR><B>I saw it in the weekly Ottobar newsletter and they said the tickets go on sale tomorrow but didn't say where or through whom.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah jag is right get your tickets at Mission tix.<P>It costs only $2 a ticket and you pick them up at the door.<P>I wish the blackcat and 930 did things like this.<P>I would use a $2 convenince charge. I dont use a $7 one.

thirsty moore

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2002, 12:20:00 pm »
Maybe the forum could get together and experience the sweat of the blues explosion...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venerable Bede:<BR><B>i hear the blues is number 1</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2002, 12:20:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> I wish the...930 did things like this.<P>I would use a $2 convenince charge. I dont use a $7 one.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>For once,  Markie, you're right.  My $12 interpol ticket that has a $7.75 service charge just to get a little blue ticket at the door tomorrow night is a joke!  When the service charge is 65% of the ticket price, there's clearly something wrong with the system.  $4.50 service charge and <B>a $3.25 charge to pick a ticket up at will call?  That's bull shit!</B>
27>34

jadetree

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2002, 12:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thirsty moore:<BR><B>Maybe the forum could get together and experience the sweat of the blues explosion...<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think a lot of us were at the last show, but I did not know anybody from the board in those days... ah, the good old days.

markie

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2002, 12:33:00 pm »
Well I am looking forward to annoying you all tomorrow at interpol....<P>I think I will skip on JSBX. I am trying to save myself for Andrew WK.....