Author Topic: sold out alkaline trio  (Read 1506 times)

blinksaar

sold out alkaline trio
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:00 pm »
hey guys,
 ive never been to a sold out show at the 930 club, whats it like. im going to the alkaline trio concert and its sold out. how  crowded is it. details please ahah.

can u please email me at americnidiot5@tmail.com for anwsers! thanks soo much u guys!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: sold out alkaline trio
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 07:41:00 am »
Crowded and loud are two words that come to mind when trying to describe a sold out show at the 9:30 club.

Bartelby

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:11:00 am »
Bring earplug, a gas mask (it's a hangout for HEAVY smokers...after all what tastes better when you're drunk...than ANOTHER FREEKIN' CIGARETTE)and wear clothes you don't care about...cause drunk frat boys/sorority sistas will spill beer all over you...and with their "new" no-glass policy, all 930 beer goes into very "sloshable" cups...sigh...but you'll still have a great time.

If you can't face the above, take the steps up to the AARP floor, where - sometimes - the crowd is marginally better behaved...and smoking less.  :D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 09:06:00 am »
Oh yeah...I forgot smokey.  Three words - crowded, loud and smokey.

alex

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
Last time I saw Alkaline Trio there the crowd was pretty well behaved, and suprisingly older.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
i wouldn't expect too much smoke or drunken assholishness at a3.  it will be crowded, and there may be some occasional crowd surfing/pit activity, but i remember their last show being pretty mellow.  

we don't have a no glass policy unless the band requests it.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  we don't have a no glass policy unless the band requests it.
yeah, i was wondering when this kicked in ... i hope i can still drink my stella from a bottle!

and what bands would request a "no glass" evening?  those who are afraid they're going to get bottles thrown at them by disgruntled fans?
(o|o)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 03:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  and what bands would request a "no glass" evening?  those who are afraid they're going to get bottles thrown at them by disgruntled fans?
Bands down with PETA. Glass is murder yo; it uses the sand that the hermit crab needs for it's natural environment.

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 03:06:00 pm »
I just find the sound of a glass bottle hitting other glass bottles in the trash annoying, especially if it's a quiet band like Low. If it's something loud and fast, nobody will notice or care.

Bartelby

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
I must be hanging out with some pretty rowdy bands...cause I don't think I've had a beer in a bottle at the club in many months...but now I know who to bitch at...It must make for a big MESS to clean up afterwards cause not all sloshed beer ends up on my shoes/pants...  ;)