Author Topic: Cooper Temple Clause  (Read 5701 times)

Yank

Cooper Temple Clause
« on: January 26, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
http://www.nme.com/news/107337.htm

Maybe it's been mentioned, but here it is again.

kurosawa-b/w

Re: Cooper Temple Clause
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 01:41:00 pm »
How in the hell are they going to fit on the stage at the Khyber?? Ah well, I am going regardless.  :)  I can't imagine seeing them in such a small space. I may have to go to the Toronto date as well...

walkman

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
 I may have to go to the Toronto date as well...
yes!  I'll show you around...maybe sonick should come too.  anyway, lee's is a very cool venue.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 06:00:00 pm »
For those of you who haven't clicked on the link, the DC show is the first of the tour.

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 02:21:00 am »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:

yes!  I'll show you around...maybe sonick should come too.  anyway, lee's is a very cool venue. [/b]
Yeah, Lee's is the place, from what my Canuck friends have been saying. But I do have one friend who is sick of playing there.

walkman

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:

yes!  I'll show you around...maybe sonick should come too.  anyway, lee's is a very cool venue. [/b]
Yeah, Lee's is the place, from what my Canuck friends have been saying.[/b]
excuse me, jag...we prefer the term "those of canadian descent"...

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
 Yeah, Lee's is the place, from what my Canuck friends have been saying. But I do have one friend who is sick of playing there.
Lee's Palace?  that place is very very cool, or used to be for sure. I remember seeing Dinosaur Jr. there when i was like 13.

Haven't been there in a while though. its a very colorful place though  :)

oh, and Canuck is fine, you should hear what we call Americans up there  ;)

walkman

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 01:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Lee's Palace?  that place is very very cool, or used to be for sure. I remember seeing Dinosaur Jr. there when i was like 13.

Haven't been there in a while though. its a very colorful place though    :)  

oh, and Canuck is fine, you should hear what we call Americans up there    ;)   [/b]
yes, colorful is the word for it.  the mural on the whole outside wall is a trip.  

and not as cool as dinosaur jr, but I did see my first club show there - the Tragically Hip in 1996, eh.

brennser

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 11:40:00 am »
thanks for the CTC cd kurosawa - only listened to it once but I think I'm going to like it

you probably know this but theres a 6 track mini live LP available for download on their website

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 11:44:00 am »
Yay! I knew you would be converted.  :)  And I have that live CD... It's good! But being there in person is even better.

redsock

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 02:38:00 pm »
After Kurosawa beat me over the head the other night, I am thinking of actually giving CTC another try. If someone believes that passionately about a band...they're at least worth listening to.

A lesson for all of us to learn.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 09:24:00 pm »
I just noticed that Calla will be opening for Team Cooper. The Calla album has really grown on me, so I'm looking forward to giving them another chance in the live setting.

walkman

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 10:29:00 pm »
nice.  I liked Calla when they opened for Interpol.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 10:16:00 pm »
So the album comes out tomorrow... See below for  the info from the official site. I am quite pleased that the live tracks are on there (and they were recorded on my birthday! Nice.).
 -----
 Debut US album release on Feb 24th
 February 24th 2004 sees the first TCTC release in America, as Kick Up The Fire, And Let The Flames Break Loose is released.

The US version of the lp will be formatted slightly differently to previous incarnations - the CD is enhanced with the Promises, Promises video, the Snuff Movie game and 2 previously unreleased live tracks:

Been Training Dogs
 Did You Miss Me?

Both recorded at the Shepherds Bush Empire, London, on November 22nd 2003.

RCA US have also put together Aol Instant Messenger icons for the band, which you can download.

Promises, Promises is currently the most added track at US college radio, and the press coverage continues to go from strength to strength, so it's all looking good...

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
From Rolling Stone:

The Cooper Temple Clause -- one of the best new British bands of this young century -- have finally released their American debut album. Sadly, it's the wrong one. Kick Up the Fire packs little of the feral electrometal invention of the group's 2002 import bow, See Through This and Leave. That record's mongrel electricity is here only in fits and starts. In a mistaken lunge at maturity, the Cooper Temple Clause devote much of Kick Up the Fire to chilled introspection and black-water ambience; Ben Gautrey rarely fires up the bleating corrosion of his vocals on See Through This. This is still a group of great, heated promise. To hear why, get that first album -- then wait for a third.