Author Topic: Last.fm beta  (Read 1402 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Last.fm beta
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »
Anyone else been granted access to the beta? Haven't had a chance to kick the all the tires yet, but tried my hand at creating a playlist based on recent DJ sets at the club.

Am impressed at the depth of their catalog so far. Of the sixty plus tracks I went looking for, two thirds of them were streamable full length ones.  Obviously there was a handful of track missing altogether, all primarily from local artists.
T.Rex

serpent boy

Re: Last.fm beta
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:26:00 pm »
I really like the new design, but I haven't figured out how to adjust the display number of top artists and songs from 10 back to 50 (or at least 25). Any ideas?

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 10:54:00 am »
i'm waiting for the government and lobbyists to destroy this like they are doing to the sirius/xm deal.  you will do and listen to what they want you to.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:07:00 am »
as long as the musical content is legally uploaded by artists and labels there is no reason for it get shutdown...
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:53:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  as long as the musical content is legally uploaded by artists and labels there is no reason for it get shutdown...
but stuff like this is compromising fm radio.  fm radio is american.  money controlling the government's action is to.  it will lose.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

Originally posted by kosmo:
but stuff like this is compromising fm radio.  fm radio is american.  money controlling the government's action is to.  it will lose. [/b]
well seeing as it's owned by CBS, one of the most old media companies you'll likely to find, it wont be seen as a threat to fm radio but merely a pleasant diversion.  plus last.fm is used by people worldwide, so it can't be seen as a primary threat to us fm stations.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »
This seems like the right place....

Last.fm streams tunes directly to your iPhone
27>34