Author Topic: RUSH at Nissan Pavilion  (Read 4108 times)

thirsty moore

RUSH at Nissan Pavilion
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »
Some observations!

They played Red Barchetta which I've never heard live.  It is also my favorite song by them.

The mens bathroom line was a lot longer than the women's.

The guy next to me spoke/sang.  During Mission, he would Captain Kirk the chorus.

snailhook

Re: RUSH at Nissan Pavilion
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »
i would've gone if i weren't so broke. rush puts on a good show, as long as they concentrate on pre-1982 material.

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »
"The Trees" was most enjoyable. My buds and I did the whole "Rush in Rio" thing to "YYZ", where you actually sing along to the song, which is ridiculous considering it's an instrumental. Didn't seem to bother anyone around us as most of the folks cleared out after "Tom Sawyer".  All in all great stuff from a classic and still very fine hard rock band.  Plus their new stuff is great as well. Must say I did not much care for them before seeing them last year for the first time, but I came out of that concert a fan.  Better late than never.

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »
Hah!  I heard people doing that!

Originally posted by chancegardener:
 My buds and I did the whole "Rush in Rio" thing to "YYZ", where you actually sing along to the song, which is ridiculous considering it's an instrumental.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 03:14:00 am »
Now this is one band I don't get at all.  Songs like Tom Sawyer are just so terrible it makes dog's ears bleed for miles around.  The keyboards are some of the most annoying sounds from any band that ever existed.  I won't even get into how butt ugly Gary Lee is.  At least they aren't as bad as Boston though!  :)
FUKIT

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 08:30:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  Some observations!

They played Red Barchetta which I've never heard live.  It is also my favorite song by them.

So was this your first Rush show? Do you not own any of their live recording releases?  "Exit...Stage Left" definitely has "Red Barchetta" live on it  ;)  hehe

I was kinda bummed to miss this show. This is one band who just keeps getting better and better with age, and even coming up with a new generation of "classics"

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:10:00 am »
GARY Lee?

Dude, "Gary" was the first name of your 10th grade math teacher.

The singer from Rush has a first name that sounds much more fitting for a rock star.

Originally posted by RatBastard:
  Now this is one band I don't get at all.  Songs like Tom Sawyer are just so terrible it makes dog's ears bleed for miles around.  The keyboards are some of the most annoying sounds from any band that ever existed.  I won't even get into how butt ugly Gary Lee is.  At least they aren't as bad as Boston though!   :)  

kcjones119

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:23:00 am »
I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 09:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  GARY Lee?

Dude, "Gary" was the first name of your 10th grade math teacher.

The singer from Rush has a first name that sounds much more fitting for a rock star.

Originally posted by RatBastard:
  Now this is one band I don't get at all.  Songs like Tom Sawyer are just so terrible it makes dog's ears bleed for miles around.  The keyboards are some of the most annoying sounds from any band that ever existed.  I won't even get into how butt ugly Gary Lee is.  At least they aren't as bad as Boston though!     :)    
[/b]
You're obviously not a real Rush Fan   :)  

Taken from Wikipedia as well "Geddy Lee OC (born Gary Lee Weinrib on July 29, 1953 in Willowdale, Toronto) is a Canadian musician best known as the lead vocalist, bassist, and keyboardist for the Canadian rock group Rush."

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

thirsty moore

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:09:00 am »
I've seen them a few times now.  The first time being in 92 at Merriweather.  Last Saturday's show was the only time I have seen them play Red Barchetta.  Yes, I've heard it on Exit Stage Left.

Originally posted by MindCage:
 So was this your first Rush show? Do you not own any of their live recording releases?  "Exit...Stage Left" definitely has "Red Barchetta" live on it    ;)    hehe

thirsty moore

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 10:17:00 am »
I'd like to think that OC means ORIGINAL CANADIAN.

Originally posted by MindCage:
  "Geddy Lee OC

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
huh, interesting... i was assuming that like half of all male canadians, his real/original name was "gordon".
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 11:07:00 am »
is rush still for nerds?

thirsty moore

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 11:27:00 am »
Yes, very much so.  Total geek fest at the concert.

Originally posted by walkonby:
  is rush still for nerds?

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:00 am »
This thread rulez.
27>34