Author Topic: wheeee.... legal drugs!  (Read 92064 times)

Starsky

Re: wheeee.... legal drugs!
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2021, 09:18:26 am »
Well I haven’t touched the stuff in over a decade but it’s a helluva good time…

Yada

« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2021, 09:25:00 am »
Rotten drug for rotten people!

Sorry Hutch!

Starsky

« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2021, 09:45:20 am »
The divide between pot users and coke users always cracks me up

About 22 or 23 years ago my circle of friends was pretty tight, big and happy…almost all potheads… then someone who also liked coke introduced it - some tried and liked it-and the circle literally blew up and it was all the fault of the damn potheads who thought it was all the fault of the coke users... a lot of them just couldn’t handle it..couldn’t deal… so immature …”how dare you use that illegal drug, we must only use THIS illegal drug!”

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2021, 10:17:37 am »
One of my (historic) best friends became a cokehead and its VERY different than potheads. There's an actual addiction there. Cannot functionally hold down a job, constant scamming people for money to buy coke. Literally spending the rent money the night before rent is due to get coke. Selling birthday gifts you'd give them for pennies on the dollar to get an extra bump.

I'm not a fan of the "put people in jail for these sort of problems" mentality and I definitely think lots of people use coke in a way that does not deleteriously impact their life so dramatically, but I've never met a mega-pothead that has that level of dysfunction compared to several mega-cokeheads who are just shells of themselves.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2021, 10:26:06 am »
One of my (historic) best friends became a cokehead and its VERY different than potheads. There's an actual addiction there. Cannot functionally hold down a job, constant scamming people for money to buy coke. Literally spending the rent money the night before rent is due to get coke. Selling birthday gifts you'd give them for pennies on the dollar to get an extra bump.

I'm not a fan of the "put people in jail for these sort of problems" mentality and I definitely think lots of people use coke in a way that does not deleteriously impact their life so dramatically, but I've never met a mega-pothead that has that level of dysfunction compared to several mega-cokeheads who are just shells of themselves.

Exactly... when's the last time you hung out with a coke head and was like, "Yeah!! This guy is great, can't wait to hang with him again." vs. your stoner buddy that is a great person!

« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2021, 10:32:10 am »
I've definitely met stoners that were annoying -- many stoners are funny to the not-stoned but some are obnoxious, similar to liquor drinkers -- but, yeah, you don't meet someone who is REALLY into coke and think "oh, what a great night this was!" Ever. No exceptions.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2021, 10:36:59 am »
Of course coke is a way more dangerous drug..  but it’s one thing to be concerned about a friend being an abuser of a drug and another to be “Hey my friend is a bad person for using a drug at a party I don’t want to use and my friend couldn’t care less if I don’t use it ”

Comparing a mega pothead to a mega coke user is just not a very valid comparison in my experience… I never had any mega cokehead friends.. everything becomes distorted at the extremes

And there are plenty of pot burnouts out there

The dynamics of both drugs are totally different… but it’s the potheads that can’t handle coke users and not vice versa. For all the peace and love I saw nothing but bad vibes about it on the part of potheads… just my personal experience

I am wary of coke because I really can’t afford to live that rock and roll lifestyle.and I got enough issues…why tempt fate?….in fact I have never bought any.. but in my experience it’s a really good time.. And I definitely hung out with people on repeat coke using nights and thought man I want to do that again with those people but it’s been decades now

« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 10:50:06 am by Starsky »

« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2021, 10:40:05 am »

Exactly... when's the last time you hung out with a coke head and was like, "Yeah!! This guy is great, can't wait to hang with him again." vs. your stoner buddy that is a great person!
can confirm
slack

Starsky

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2021, 10:49:48 am »
This thread just proves exactly what I am saying! Potheads have a visceral negative reaction to people who use coke.

And that’s all I am going to say

« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2021, 10:52:59 am »
it’s one thing to be concerned about a friend being an abuser of a drug and another to be “Hey my friend is a bad person for using a drug at a party I don’t want to use and my friend couldn’t care less if I don’t use it ”

it’s the potheads that can’t handle coke users and not vice versa. For all the peace and love I saw nothing but bad vibes about it on the part of potheads…
I'll agree with both of these points.
LVMH

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2021, 10:59:49 am »
Let's be clear, I have the same reaction to: Meth, Heroin, PCP, Crack, bathsalts, Oyx and all it's derivatives

What I'm OK with: Mushrooms, MDMA (lots of issues with fake/impure stuff to make me cautious on this one) Mescaline, DMT

I don't do Coke, but I've never been like "I won't be friends with that person because they do coke"
"or don't come to my party and do coke"

So not sure if this is in ref to me?
… then someone who also liked coke introduced it - some tried and liked it-and the circle literally blew up and it was all the fault of the damn potheads who thought it was all the fault of the coke users... a lot of them just couldn’t handle it..couldn’t deal… so immature …”how dare you use that illegal drug, we must only use THIS illegal drug!”
Now I can see a few of the potheads in the crew being like that...but on the whole, the coke users self deported and pretty much decided they were going to have their own get-togethers and became very exclusive

and let's be honest, unless you are doing coke, its absolutely ZERO fun to be around those doing coke...it's just such a weird vibe and it's all about doing more coke

Do it all you want, don't ask me for money or advice on the topic tho

I've seen it ruin people
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:47:54 am by Side-panda ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2021, 11:56:34 am »
Definitely not a reference to you.

This horse is dead.

Yada

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2021, 12:01:09 pm »
Where's killsally?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2021, 12:11:17 pm »
gawdammit.  i wouldn't know where or how to score coke if my life depended on it, yet in vancouver they're handing it out free?!?

Any restaurant kitchen staff. I’ve never done cocaine in my life but it’s imminently easy to get.

it's these kinds of blue-collar insights that i've come to rely on and expect from you, jules.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:15:06 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2021, 12:16:07 pm »
<sig>