Author Topic: wheeee.... legal drugs!  (Read 92097 times)

Re: wheeee.... legal drugs!
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2022, 01:17:34 pm »
Do we know when the Maryland thing will go into effect? I have a certain contract — which shall remain nameless — that’s coming up for renewal in 8 months and I want to understand if there’s going to be other area companies who might want my exclusive endorsement.

I believe it's 7/1/23
yep, that's what I read
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2022, 01:27:12 pm »
Do we know when the Maryland thing will go into effect? I have a certain contract — which shall remain nameless — that’s coming up for renewal in 8 months and I want to understand if there’s going to be other area companies who might want my exclusive endorsement.

I believe it's 7/1/23
yep, that's what I read
Oh, fucking beautiful. And there will be retail establishments in need of spokespeople starting on that date?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2022, 01:27:40 pm »
No.

« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2022, 01:34:31 pm »
No.
Oh, so this is going to be a Virginia "its legal to smoke it but virtually anyway you would get it is illegal" thing like Virginia at current?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2022, 01:35:24 pm »
I'm willing to bet it will take 2-3 years to work out the details on this one.

« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2022, 01:43:03 pm »
No.
Oh, so this is going to be a Virginia "its legal to smoke it but virtually anyway you would get it is illegal" thing like Virginia at current?
yep
no retail even discussed
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2022, 01:50:42 pm »
WAMU reported today that the DC Council is about to approve "expanded" medicinal MJ, meaning that it will be easier to qualify and access MJ. I really hope they don't make people fill out paperwork for this crap, I don't want my name on any sort of paperwork about MJ as that could impact my job prospects.

That's why I like the current gray area. Lots of competition means good prices and good service from delivery companies. I know that is exactly why the District is "expanding" medicinal MJ. I really hope they put sufficient thought and consideration into this, which of course I doubt happened beyond medicinal license holders bitching and complaining.

« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2022, 02:04:09 pm »
yeah, was reading they are doing some sort of 'self-attestation' of medical need
i.e. you don't need a doctor note to get medical
But I think they are expanding in to medical, as congress won't allow adult rec sales, so this might be a loop hole around and they can collect taxes (I got to imagine DC lost in the range of 100's of millions of dollars in tax revenue over the last few years...and created a black market)

Medical is always way higher in price.  Quality is always there
that they removed this I think is good, mostly because you don't have to pay for a dr visit, which was a sham to begin with

Heck, just go to Mr Nice Guy, about 6 storefronts down from DC9
They have a wall of buds and budtenders will help you find what you need
then you buy some 'art' and they gift you what you want
prices are pretty good IMO
I don't live in DC so delivery isn't really an option.

In related news
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/congress-keeps-ban-on-d-c-marijuana-sales-while-failing-to-act-on-cannabis-banking-and-expungements/

Adding insult to injury, the large-scale spending legislation continues the policy of preventing the District of Columbia from spending its own local tax dollars to legalize adult-use cannabis sales
The ongoing federal blockade and the resulting inability of local officials to enact cannabis sales regulations has led to a proliferation of unlicensed marijuana retailers in the nation’s capital.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 02:08:23 pm by Sidefusion ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2022, 02:10:29 pm »
Short of eliminating the filibuster, which Dems are obviously too cowardly to do, we might not have real recreational MJ in DC for decades. The Senate simply isn't going to have enough GQPers who would be willing to vote to allow DC voters to have real autonomy. And the Dems won't shove it up GQP asses, so here we are.

« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2022, 02:31:21 pm »
Heck, just go to Mr Nice Guy, about 6 storefronts down from DC9
They have a wall of buds and budtenders will help you find what you need
then you buy some 'art' and they gift you what you want
prices are pretty good IMO
I don't live in DC so delivery isn't really an option.
Sir, this is a TAKOMA WELLNESS community, so get that Mr Nice Guy stuff the hell out of here.

Also, the delivery services will deliver to bank parking lots or outside restaurants. I pop a mile down from my Chevy Chase office to the Wells Fargo on Connecticut just across the border at least 5 times a year to grab my wife stuff and I never sit there for more than 15 minutes if I put the order in with a requested time the night before.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 02:34:23 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2022, 11:44:15 pm »
to grab my wife stuff

that's right up there with "my dog ate my homework"

I never sit there for more than 15 minutes

considering the industry, that kind of performance is a frikken MIRACLE.
<sig>

« Reply #252 on: December 24, 2022, 10:54:54 am »
to grab my wife stuff

that's right up there with "my dog ate my homework"

on good authority I can confirm this man to be telling the truth

I never sit there for more than 15 minutes

considering the industry, that kind of performance is a frikken MIRACLE.
Kinda making lou reed looks stupid with his 'first thing you learn is you always have to wait' bit
slack

« Reply #253 on: December 24, 2022, 12:14:55 pm »
I literally never wait more than 15 minutes. It’s quite professionalized. Glad to drop the two delivery services I use in a PM if anyone needs.
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2022, 01:03:15 pm »