Author Topic: The Coral Good / SonyBMG Bad  (Read 745 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
The Coral Good / SonyBMG Bad
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:26:00 pm »
Was out today doing my duty to support new music in buying the latest release from The Coral and BRMC, along with the reissue of The Stooges.  Yes I will be your dog....  Anyways, eager to hear the new Coral I was about to rip off the shirkwrap in the car when I realized that sitting there was not one by two Content Protected discs.  Was very close to walking back in the store to return them in protest. But, alas like the FBI Anti-piracy stickers that once annoyed me, I'll just to have to grin and bear it and hope Sony BMG doesn't release much more I need to own.

So on to the Coral... I'm happy to say that "The Invisible Invasion" is a nice return to what made their first release great.  Bouncy bassline and beats, catchy melodies, jangly guitars, vintage keyboards and a touch of psychedilia.  The makings of an album worth revisting unlike the second Coral CD.  What I like most about The Coral is how no one element of their sound is overwhelming.  The guitars and keyboards are nicely blended together.  Lets hope a US tour is in the offing...

Back to Sony BMG, it's little wonder file sharing isn't going away.  Copy Protected releases will only fuel the fire of bitorrents, etc.  I'll bet the promo copies of releases don't contain such software, which of course is the source of much of the illegal file sharing material.
T.Rex