Author Topic: Handsome Boy.......  (Read 1715 times)

Winger03

Handsome Boy.......
« on: April 18, 2005, 07:45:00 am »
word to the wise in case these guys ever come around again......skip it.  what a waste of time.  prince paul looked pretty interested in the show, at least when he wasn't checking his text messages.

Jesse

Re: Handsome Boy.......
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
haha wow.

i was actually extremely dissapointed that i was gonna miss this show. but after hearing this, i'm very happy i did miss it

han

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 04:40:00 pm »
I agree totally, I left halfway through the show.

I like their CD, but I think their music just doesn't suit a live venue.   Also, all that silly talk and stand-up comedy in between got really annoying after a while.

It's like going to a Chris Rock show and having him sing 15 minute songs (badly) between each joke.

It was a waste of time and money.

helicon1

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 05:14:00 pm »
K-OS was EXCELLENT though. He was worth the price of admission; his band was very talented.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
not much to say about handsome boy modeling school.

that said, i'll be busking on the corner of 15th and G NW tomorrow ... please come and pay attention to me ... i'll be the one painted completely silver, doing the robot whenever someone puts a quarter in my hat

thanks guys!
(o|o)

Ra

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 10:47:00 pm »
I was thinking about going, but there were only three or four tracks I really dug off the new album

pnalabandian

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 12:45:00 am »
Reason I went was K-os, and he didn't disappoint.  Unbelievably talented.  Only wished he was up there longer.  I also left halfway through Handsome Boy . . . was checking in here to see if I missed any of the ??legendary guests? they claimed were coming on . . .

letloverule7

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
I have to disagree. I think the show was pretty good. I thought they presented their music in a creative way, thats sorely missed in hip hop. Sure the comedy was a bit off, but that's part of the fun. Hip hop does not have to be serious all the time. Prince Pauls use of the DVD mixer was tight. Not to mention his reworking of the Shadow classic "Holy Calamity" was nice work. Throw in Drez from Black Sheep. Pretty damn good show. Too bad the crowd never got into it...
 One man's garbage is another man's treasure...