Author Topic: Snow Patrol/Decemberists sold out?  (Read 1527 times)

Bags

Snow Patrol/Decemberists sold out?
« on: April 18, 2005, 12:41:00 pm »
Though each show is still listed in the schedule as available, tickets.com is giving me the "The ticketing system currently indicates that no seats are available for this performance" line....

Can it be, general sale only lasted a couple days?  (I luckily have tickets for each; friends who want to go are now coming out of the woodwork...)

fairfaxfinn

Re: Snow Patrol/Decemberists sold out?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
I have not had any luck getting a Snow Patrol ticket this morning (Doves was no problem).  Could it really be sold out?  I wish there were some way of knowing, rather than having to check various websites every 10-15 minutes.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 01:13:00 pm »
from craigslist:

i need Decemberists 5/6/05 - $25
 Reply to: anon-68905526@craigslist.org
 Date: 2005-04-17, 11:43PM EDT

please please please please

i need a ticket to the decemberists at 9:30 in washington dc on may 6.

please please please

if you have an extra ticket and you sell it to me and you're going i'll even hang out with you and i'm a pretty girl. or i'll buy you drinks or give you a ride or whatever!!!

email me to negotiate a price
(o|o)

amnesiac

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 01:15:00 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if Snow Patrol was sold out - tix were on sale long before the show was actually posted. Glad I already got my tix for The Decemberists...

helicon1

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 01:24:00 pm »
You suppose another reason for these "early" ticket sales is to increase the perception that a band is in hot demand and are producing quicker sell-outs? Just a thought.

fairfaxfinn

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Glass Arm Shattering:
  You suppose another reason for these "early" ticket sales is to increase the perception that a band is in hot demand and are producing quicker sell-outs? Just a thought.
I am hoping for a glitch in the ticketing system... not that the two aren't necessarily unrelated. Definitely experiencing a vague sensation of dejavu (a la Interpol presale).   ;)

myuman

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 06:31:00 am »
I think it is beautiful.  Those that have a pulse know where to look for tickets.  Leaving all the casual once a year fans to wait until it's on the board.

megs

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by myuman:

I think it is beautiful.  Those that have a pulse know where to look for tickets.  Leaving all the casual once a year fans to wait until it's on the board. [/b]
yeah but there are some of us who are hardly "once a year fans" who are glum for not getting a ticket. i actually didn't know about the "early sale," since i haven't been reading the board for a while. so if anyone knows of a spare snow patrol ticket lurking anywhere...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 11:10:00 am »
there was no early sale for the Decemberists only Snow Patrol...
T.Rex