Author Topic: Saturday night plans -- bluestate @ Black Cat  (Read 1323 times)

seeking_irony

Saturday night plans -- bluestate @ Black Cat
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »
Looking for something to do this Saturday night? Even better, something FREE to do this Saturday night? So here they are, your Saturday night plans: the bluestate DJs are spinning their delightfully unpredictable mix of indie rock, pop, disco, punk, and '80s on the Black Cat backstage, from 9:30 to close.

As part of the fun, we're hosting the official D.C. release party for the upcoming stellastarr* album, which comes out on September 13. We'll be playing stellastarr* tunes throughout the night, and giving away prizes including CDs and vinyl.

In addition to stellastarr*, expect to hear Mylo, Annie, Cut Copy, Ladytron, The Bravery, Elastica, Pulp, Billy Idol, Blondie, Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand and other bluestate favorites.

Plus, we snagged stellar guest DJs: the hosts of the Cricklewood Massive iPod Jukebox. They'll be spinning from 10-11, so get there early.

Hope to see you Saturday night!

Bags

Re: Saturday night plans -- bluestate @ Black Cat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:04:00 pm »
Is bluestate just a DJ thing, or is it still at all affiliated with a political organization??  Or was it ever?  I may be confusing it with NEXT, who had a blue state theme/slogan....

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
I don't believe it's a political thing at all.  Just a DJ thing.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:29:00 am »
it's a DC blogosphere thing
(o|o)

seeking_irony

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
We're a blogger-turned-DJ collective without an official political affiliation. We picked the name from a long list to which we all had contributed, and ended up with this one.

Bags

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Thanks for the answer...'bluestate' can be read as a very political name.  Actually made me more likely to support your events!   ;)

seeking_irony

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 05:29:00 pm »
well, if you need a political reason to stop by on saturday night, i can bribe you with a promise to talk about left-wing politics for a few minutes.