Author Topic: 4 songs from new Oasis leaked....  (Read 2100 times)

beedubyah

4 songs from new Oasis leaked....
« on: April 18, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
Apparently ripped from a promo disc....

As a fan, Im trying my hardest to like them....Well see.  Rumor has it Mucky Fingers is a demo.  It god well better be....

No rockers in this bunch

Keep The Dream Alive
 http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WGPA1MASHCLJ1SKQK7DA1I2QJ

Let There Be Love
 http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30IYWTM52ZDS33K3UMVPPEXGKI

Mucky Fingers
 http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3F6HL30JX89L536DGVCHI78JRI

Meaning Of Soul
 http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13EJ2ZA1NS3UX0C1ZCT0X3QG46

Fico

Re: 4 songs from new Oasis leaked....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:24:00 pm »
I got this month's Q magazine and NME.. one of them has a song by song comment from Noel and I can't recall hearing a song called Murky Fingers..but will look into it... I'll cry if this record blows..

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 12:13:00 am »
Keep The Dream Alive is not a bad song. Give it a few listens it could be a single.

beedubyah

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 09:26:00 am »
I can handle Keep the Dream Alive and Let there be Love....

Mucky Fingers and Meaning of the Soul are just plain bad.

Fico

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by beedubyah:
  I can handle Keep the Dream Alive and Let there be Love....

Mucky Fingers and Meaning of the Soul are just plain bad.
Agree! and I just looked into my Q mag yesterday and they ARE going to be on the record.. have they lost it?? Hindu Times, SCYHO, Hung in a Bad Place, Songbird...all good on first listens..nothing so far with this record..

beedubyah

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  have they lost it??
I think even the most hardcore Oasis fan would have to admit that they have lost at least a little...While I like a lot of the new songs nothing really compares to the 93-98 era where seemingly everything Noel touched was classic.

I will say that the new live shows compare favorably to the old ones.  Think theyre a lot tighter than they once were...

Dont really care for the new songs, but I think the rest will be better....I hope.

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 09:40:00 am »
I think the whole album needs a listen before any judgements are made about the band. Just have to be fair.

eros

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
I'm a huge fan too and am a little nervous about this record.  (Although 3 of these 4 aren't bad IMO)

Isee the biggest reason for their decline being Noel delegating songwriting duties (particularly to Liam).
ʎɐʍou

beedubyah

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by BLACKSTORM:
  I think the whole album needs a listen before any judgements are made about the band. Just have to be fair.
Fair enough....On even good albums, there are always 3 or so that I dont necessarily care for.  Lets just hope these are it.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 05:32:00 am »
On the radio this morning it was reported that the retard from Coldplay that's married to that skinny weird cow that names her children after fruit almost broke both his legs at a concert recently. He noticed Noel Gallagher up in the balcony so decided to climb up the amps and speakers to get to him, then put his arm around him to declare, "This man is a genius" (which is probably true, shame about the brother) anyway, I digress, he then tried to climb back down to the stage only to fall about 15'.

Shame about him not breaking any bones.