Author Topic: Password for The Killers/Keane @ Merriweather?  (Read 14073 times)

BookerT

Re: Password for The Killers/Keane @ Merriweather?
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2005, 02:04:00 pm »
Isn't this forum's intent to create a community of fans?
i always thought it was to take the piss out of newbies, especially those who like the killers.

sonickteam2

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by nomad0186:
  You elitist pricks. I was tired of seeing all of you unnecessarily pretentious twats mock and scoff at an individual who simply wanted to purchase tickets to a show. I'm so glad the blogosphere (e.g. DCist and DCeiver) has broken this effort to keep information regarding 9:30 club sale dates tightly guarded. The password for this show has already been blogged by numerous sites; it's available to anyone who wants it. So why resist and deliberately try to make someone's life harder by refusing to give up the info? Isn't this forum's intent to create a community of fans? By keeping this type of information to yourself and a few minimum wage garnering pseudo-hipsters, you're just being divisive and self-interested. Try exhibiting some simple human decency in the future.
kids have no morals these days. You create a forum and mailing list, and to that, you create perks of being on that mailing list.  But when the perks of being on the mailing list are circumvented by loser kids like you, it renders them almost useless.

some people spend a good deal of time and effort to find mailing lists and forums and such to get thier information from and be "in the know" so to speak, and we dont like some killers kid doing lame things like posting passwords (not that we care about this one, but do that shit for the Pixies show and you might pay for it with your life!!)

so go ahead, post the information, and when the presale sells out in 3 seconds and you have to watch the Killers re-run of SNL 4 more times this summer....blame only yourself.... (not like that lame show will come anywhere near selling out, but other shows do just that)

distance

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam3:
  (not like that lame show will come anywhere near selling out, but other shows do just that)
i don't know, i could see it selling out.
 i happened to be in columbus when they played columbus last year and it was sold out.. and unfortunately i unknowingly used the same parking deck that most of the people going ot that show used.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
  You elitist pricks. I was tired of seeing all of you unnecessarily pretentious twats mock and scoff at an individual who simply wanted to purchase tickets to a show. I'm so glad the blogosphere (e.g. DCist and DCeiver) has broken this effort to keep information regarding 9:30 club sale dates tightly guarded. The password for this show has already been blogged by numerous sites; it's available to anyone who wants it. So why resist and deliberately try to make someone's life harder by refusing to give up the info? Isn't this forum's intent to create a community of fans? By keeping this type of information to yourself and a few minimum wage garnering pseudo-hipsters, you're just being divisive and self-interested. Try exhibiting some simple human decency in the future.
We go through this all the time....everytime there's a big show promoted by IMP with a pre-sale people sign up here and ask this same question.  

The great part is that when those same new members don't get tix they come back and bitch moan and cry about how they didn't get tix, the site didn't work, presale last 2 minutes and on and on and on.  (remember the guy a few weeks ago who said he was gonna alert the press to the unfairness of the audioslave (or whatever worthless band it was) presale?)

Ironic don't you think?  Maybe the reason they couldn't get through is because the password was all over the freakin net?  I don't post passwords just out of principle...my own worthless gesture to try to make pre-sale work the way it's supposed to (even though they don't).  

This scenario repeats itself over and over and over again.  We laugh and then people like you leave never to return...at least usually.  And if you stick around, well that's great too.  Believe me, if you do, you'll joining in in this discussion from our side of the fence soon enough.

nomad0186

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
This is hardly a issue of morality. The fact that the password is already available renders your point about the password being posted here causing a greater demand for presale completely mute. My main concern was the way a simple request for information that had already been distributed was responded to by the members of this forum. Your douchebag commentary on the artist and the "ethics" of giving out the password was unnecessary; why not just facilitate another fan's effort to go to a show? You may now return to reading Pitchforkmedia.com and watching MTV2.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
  renders your point about the password being posted here causing a greater demand for presale completely mute.  
I resent that.  My point is not mute.  It speaks very well...in 3 languages in fact.

And your "he did it first so it's ok" take distruting the password beyond its intended recipients is lame you douchebag.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2005, 02:23:00 pm »
  This is hardly a issue of morality. The fact that the password is already available renders your point about the password being posted here causing a greater demand for presale completely mute. My main concern was the way a simple request for information that had already been distributed was responded to by the members of this forum. Your douchebag commentary on the artist and the "ethics" of giving out the password was unnecessary; why not just facilitate another fan's effort to go to a show? You may now return to reading Pitchforkmedia.com and watching MTV2.
i hardly if ever read pitchfork.... and regardless of when and where the password was posted as far as i'm concerned it wasn't an official presale password becuase i didn't know it's origin.  and if you will notice the club wasn't providing it either via the FAQ.

i only watch vh-1 classic
T.Rex

nomad0186

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2005, 02:29:00 pm »
All right, given that Kosmo Vinyl exclusively watches VH1 classic, I rescind my previous comments regarding pitchforkmedia.com and mtv2. You have my sincere apology.    :p  

some people spend a good deal of time and effort to find mailing lists and forums and such to get thier information from and be "in the know" so to speak
This is one of the first times I've ever engaged in this time-consuming forum trolling bs, and I certainly don't want spam mail clogging up my inbox. I'm a fan who doesn't want to have to spend all that time searching for this info, and I'm not any less of fan for doing so. I'm all for the democratization of this type of info; it isn't right that some are getting an unfair advantage in these presales.

sonickteam2

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2005, 02:30:00 pm »
  This is hardly a issue of morality. The fact that the password is already available renders your point about the password being posted here causing a greater demand for presale completely mute. My main concern was the way a simple request for information that had already been distributed was responded to by the members of this forum.
that password hadnt been distributed on here before YOU posted it. And we like to hold ourselves to a LITTLE higher regard than some attention starved college kid with too much time on his hands...i mean a blogger.

your 15 minutes on this message board is almost up, dont you think?

jdeweesus

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2005, 02:33:00 pm »
God, this discussion has gotten awfully violent.  Aren't we all fans of music?  Why are we calling names and insulting each other?  All I did was ask for a friggin' password.  I asked politely & offered to have it PM-ed to me.  Someone was actually nice enough to send it to me via email, right after I got the email from the 9:30 club with the presale announcement.

And, I'm not a kid - I'm 27 years old, dammit!

ggw

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2005, 02:39:00 pm »
Anyone want to see pictures of Nomad's high school graduation?

nomad0186

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »
And we like to hold ourselves to a LITTLE higher regard than some attention starved college kid with too much time on his hands...i mean a blogger.
Higher regard?

Regular poster on a forum = loser.

sonickteam2

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Anyone want to see pictures of Nomad's high school graduation?
you have pictures of the future???? neato! lets see em  :)

alex

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
I think the larger question here is:

Shouldn't someone who is 27 year old know better than to listen to The Killers?

sonickteam2

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »

Regular poster on a forum = loser.
guy who posts passwords on forum that he doesnt even normally post on or know anyone on = uh, killers fan.