Author Topic: a funny story from work  (Read 1294 times)

Sage 703

a funny story from work
« on: September 09, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
figured i'd share an amusing story from my workplace this morning.

i publish a weekly newsletter that goes out to legal professionals, court staff, judges, and a few state supreme court justices across the country - all in all, reaches about 1,400 people or thereabouts.

well, it is supposed to be rather light humor, news about what's going on in certain areas of the courts, and so forth.  consequently, I include links to some irreverant humor related to certain stories.

i ran a story this week about jurors falling asleep during court, and included this link about falling asleep during work:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=583694

I didn't read it very carefully after skimming the topic up top and looking at a few of the examples.

So I was surprised when I got an email back this morning from one of the judges, legal officials, administrators, and supreme court justices who reads the newsletter, who directed me to this segment of the link:

"Utilizing crystal meth is something I experienced for two years, and I only recomend this if you have some sort of self-control and a cheap dealer. Otherwise, you will spend more money than you earn on it, and enter the realm of substance abuse outside the workspace."

Obviously, this is precisely what you want to send to such an audience.

And my Friday is off to a great start!

godsshoeshine

Re: a funny story from work
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
there's something on there about using a one-hitter that looks like a cigarette. you know, to smoke weeeeed
o/\o

Sage 703

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
yep.  also didn't see that until after the email had gone out already.  two for two.

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  there's something on there about using a one-hitter that looks like a cigarette. you know, to smoke weeeeed
ahhhh, the old chillum.  

i used to use one at the 930 club in fact...    :eek:

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 12:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
ahhhh, the old chillum.  

i used to use one at the 930 club in fact...     :mad:

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
lol. i said used to, like as in 1997!!