Author Topic: HELP, I'm seeing Dave Matthews this Sunday!  (Read 3122 times)

sonickteam2

Re: HELP, I'm seeing Dave Matthews this Sunday!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 02:36:00 pm »
do you feel better now?

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 02:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by AndreaRobb:
  I suspect many of you judgmental fools have no connection to the real world and do not realize that in your normal office building/setting there arenâ??t that many people who love music and most look forward to the next show they are going to go to.
Look who's judging now.....
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
I agree it's all a matter of taste...but when a band is such an easy target and blatantly SUCKS the way DMB does, how does one not have a good laugh? The band that sounds like shit unloads hundreds of gallons of shit...I feel awful for the people that got dumped on, but the irony kills me.

And no matter how objective I try to be, I'm a musical snob and virtually everyone else here is in some form or other. It's called an opinion, we've got 'em, we discuss them, and it's a fun venue for discourse and dialogue. But some of us try to be open-minded and learn too.

I think I'll go listen to "Ants Marching" now and toke up.

eltee

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 04:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by BadSushi:

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  i've heard that the opener, blue merle is absolutely fantastic.
Lookin' for a fight, huh?  There's enuf music around this summer for everyone...and I love Blue Merle.  Don't judge them by their cd; those who have heard them live will reiterate how great they are!  Happy, music-filled weekend to all... [/b]
don't they sound like Pete Yorn? [/b]
hey watch it Radioboohoohead.

eltee

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 05:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by jardison:
  I'm going to Nissan with a bunch of peers to see Dave Matthews this Sunday.  Everyone I tell seems to sympathize with me, however the show is sold out.  I would much rather see Wilco at Merriweather.  Oh well, I'll just get blazed and try to enjoy this overrated elevator music....
I don't get it...why are you going if you don't want to? I was asked to help on some other things there the same day, but honestly, b/w evil CC and DMB...just. can't. do. it.

jbcapati

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 05:12:00 pm »
I remember seeing DMB for the first time at Brown's Island in Richmond, an Earth Day concert, and they opened for the Ocean Blue of all things.  I remember telling my friends that they had a different sound, were decent musicians, and might release a few decent records and have a club career.  Little did I know they would blow up and be amphitheater fillers each summer.

DMB is not my fav, but they are a fun summer night out.  If I didn't have my tickets already I'd be catching Al Green at the Club, oh well.  I think it's nice for people to have choices and go see and hear they music they are into.  See you there at the show, and I know a bunch of folks will be!  Big venue or small, sell-out or not, keep seeing live music!

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  I agree it's all a matter of taste...but when a band is such an easy target and blatantly SUCKS the way DMB does, how does one not have a good laugh? The band that sounds like shit unloads hundreds of gallons of shit...I feel awful for the people that got dumped on, but the irony kills me.

And no matter how objective I try to be, I'm a musical snob and virtually everyone else here is in some form or other. It's called an opinion, we've got 'em, we discuss them, and it's a fun venue for discourse and dialogue. But some of us try to be open-minded and learn too.

I think I'll go listen to "Ants Marching" now and toke up.
Ditto, except the Ant's song.I'm not quite that "open minded"  ;)  Aha, new Bottom of the Hudson(inserts into CD player)

rfredley

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 06:53:00 pm »
I was once offered free tickets to see Bon Jovi in 1988 or some year they were popular.  

I just said no.

Either go to wilco (which you may enjoy) or stay home and get blazed to some marley or other such good summer music.

Or go to DMB and chat with everyone else who's there at the show. Nobody actually listens to the music at his shows, which is one of the reasons I stopped going.

The other reasons should be more obvious and have been well covered in this thread.

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 10:50:00 pm »
As others on here have said, nobody's forcing you to go at gunpoint. And even if they were, you'd think that you'd need a few minutes to contemplate whether not going to dmb and sparing yourself the ordeal of dealing w/ fratboys and shitty music is worth getting your head blown off.  :)
احمد