Author Topic: HELP, I'm seeing Dave Matthews this Sunday!  (Read 3121 times)

jardison

HELP, I'm seeing Dave Matthews this Sunday!
« on: June 23, 2005, 05:14:00 pm »
I'm going to Nissan with a bunch of peers to see Dave Matthews this Sunday.  Everyone I tell seems to sympathize with me, however the show is sold out.  I would much rather see Wilco at Merriweather.  Oh well, I'll just get blazed and try to enjoy this overrated elevator music....

HoyaSaxa03

Re: HELP, I'm seeing Dave Matthews this Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 05:18:00 pm »
i've heard that the opener, blue merle is absolutely fantastic.
(o|o)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by jardison:
  I'm going to Nissan with a bunch of peers to see Dave Matthews this Sunday.
I wouldn't call anyone who'd willingly go see DMB a "peer." Friends don't let friends, well, you know...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
...but at least they'll get him blazed
o/\o

grotty

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
Good luck to you & may god have mercy on your soul

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »
good luck on the getting blazed part, at nissan.  hiding in the jungles of spam, with charlie the tuna chasing your way to what you don't want . . . especially in that county.  be careful on the left hand side.

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 06:04:00 pm »
There's bound to be some eye candy to keep your interest.  Find somebody to mate with.  That's what I'd do.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  There's bound to be some eye candy to keep your interest.  Find somebody to mate with.  That's what I'd do.
you mate at concerts?  wow . . . so you're THAT guy.

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 10:06:00 am »
Good gawd....hope you're not overwhelmed by the pungent stench of feces. I always laugh that my sister had some friend who took her to see the DMB and they had backstage passes, and that DM went up and was talking to them and she couldn't have cared less. AH, the things friends will do for other friends. Too friggin' funny.

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
I hope you don't have to sit in the front with all the drunk, moshing frat guys.

I'm so sorry...I'll be seeing Wilco at Merriweather.....sorry

Chisai Fry

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
Isn't Trey Anastacio opening for DMB?  

I live right outside of Charlottesville, and it's amusing to see how worked up all of my co workers and the locals here are getting.  We are opening a new pavillion here with Loretta Lynn as the first act performing July 31st (I would like to see her), and the natives are going apeshit.

Bartelby

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
Lookin' for a fight, huh?  There's enuf music around this summer for everyone...and I love Blue Merle.  Don't judge them by their cd; those who have heard them live will reiterate how great they are!  Happy, music-filled weekend to all...

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
Lookin' for a fight, huh?  There's enuf music around this summer for everyone...and I love Blue Merle.  Don't judge them by their cd; those who have heard them live will reiterate how great they are!  Happy, music-filled weekend to all... [/b]
don't they sound like Pete Yorn?

Bartelby

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
hahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

AndreaRobb

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
You people make me so f***ing mad.  Why do you have to constantly criticize everyone elseâ??s taste in music?  Letâ??s be glad that everyone does not love The Arcade Fire or Bloc Party or whoever your flavor of the month is or you wouldnâ??t be able to see them at an intimate venue like 9:30.  No, I donâ??t like DMB at all but I do have the most utmost respect to anyone who does like them, who will sit in an amphitheater with a bunch of drunken frat boys and who will likely spent hours in car in and out of Bristow to see them.   Whatâ??s great about this forum is that everyone here loves music.  It shouldnâ??t matter what that music specifically is.  I suspect many of you judgmental fools have no connection to the real world and do not realize that in your normal office building/setting there arenâ??t that many people who love music and most look forward to the next show they are going to go to.