Author Topic: Rudy!!..... Rudy!!.... Rudy!!....  (Read 3443 times)

flawd101

Re: Rudy!!..... Rudy!!.... Rudy!!....
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2004, 08:24:00 pm »
leave the cuban alone

walkman

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 09:31:00 pm »
at least he knows big words like 'agnostic'

thirsty moore

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 09:33:00 pm »
In case anybody was wondering I made that up.  But with lyrics like that, he's begging to be made fun of.

flawd101

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 04:44:00 pm »
thats just there crappy song, its more for fun.....the lyrics are bad but the song got them banned from playing in New York, or at least under the name agnostic front...

now leave the godfathers of hardcore alone!!!

Sir HC

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
Come on, who can think that Rudy's ways would not be a huge detraction in the bible belt?  If he were put on the ticket I could see them losing some states because of his misbehavior.

That and us ferret fanciers would want to see him go down in flames.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Come on, who can think that Rudy's ways would not be a huge detraction in the bible belt?  If he were put on the ticket I could see them losing some states because of his misbehavior.

i'm sure those god-fearing southerners can put aside is marriage(s) and being a new yorker for the way he acted after 9/11.  that, to me, would be the biggest reason why putting rudy on the ticket is a plus. . .anyway, if bush is gonna replace cheney, he's gonna have to find someone who can make people forget about halliburton, and there aren't too many republicans out there with a bigger personality and name recognition than rudy.
OU812

Sir HC

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 03:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

i'm sure those god-fearing southerners can put aside is marriage(s) and being a new yorker for the way he acted after 9/11.  that, to me, would be the biggest reason why putting rudy on the ticket is a plus. . .anyway, if bush is gonna replace cheney, he's gonna have to find someone who can make people forget about halliburton, and there aren't too many republicans out there with a bigger personality and name recognition than rudy. [/b]
But 9/11 didn't affect them directly.  I would have to say, people outside the NYC and DC areas do not have the same affection for the man, or even remember much about him this late in the game.  If he were to go on the ticket and people were to bring up that he was screwing around while married, that would not play well in the bible belt.  

Also 9/11 was over 2 years ago, and what has he done to remain in the short-attention-span American's mind?  Not much.  We don't remember that far back in time.

Finally, they keep saying that Cheney is on the ticket, I guess no one else can stand being put in an isolated place for months on end.

thirsty moore

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
You're wrong on that one, brotha.

Originally posted by flawd101:

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
  thats just there crappy song, its more for fun.....the lyrics are bad but the song got them banned from playing in New York, or at least under the name agnostic front...

UK Subs had the songs Police State and New York State Police.....I used to really love that shit.

Didn't know  Ag Front were the godfathers of hardcore.  I thought it was Offspring!

Sir HC

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 04:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

UK Subs had the songs Police State and New York State Police.....I used to really love that shit.

Didn't know  Ag Front were the godfathers of harcore.  I thought it was Offspring! [/b]
http://www.theonion.com/onion3919/90s_punk.html

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2004, 04:59:00 pm »

Originally posted by chaz:

Didn't know  Ag Front were the godfathers of harcore.  I thought it was Offspring! [/b]
http://www.theonion.com/onion3919/90s_punk.html [/b]
Ha!  I remember that piece...good stuff indeed.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »
would you really want a well know v.p. running mate? cheney was out of the public light for 8 years, gore was kinda well know but had 0 personality, quayle was relatively unknown, bush sr. had a reputation for doing nothing but going to funerals...just seems like if you pick a jack kemp or the first woman ever type of thing, you're asking for more problems than you are solving.
o/\o

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2004, 05:48:00 pm »
How about he pick Charles Barkley, or Tom Brady?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 05:55:00 pm »
neither are republicans, but both are cooler than christ
o/\o

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2004, 05:58:00 pm »
I guess you are right on the former

Commentary on the Iowa caucuses last night leaked into the NBA game on TNT. During the halftime show, the studio crew riffed on politics, and analyst Charles Barkley started talking up John Edwards â?? heâ??s even given Edwards money.

Ernie Johnson, the anchor, looked at Barkley and said: "Charles, I thought you were a Republican." (Barkley has talked about running for governor of Alabama as a Republican.)

Barkley's response: "That was before they started screwing all the poor people!"

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  neither are republicans, but both are cooler than christ