Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 30316 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Pet Peeves
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:14:00 am »
One per customer and I'll start

Using the word Haters... It annoys me to no end and makes me actually want to "hate" something even more  when people use it.  I will be so glad when it goes out of usage.

(apologies to sweetcell nothing personal, but it's been a bee in my bonnet for awhile and was finally time to shoo the bee away. i also look rather fetching in my bonnet by the way   :D  I'm also grumpy which usually doesn't happen until Fridays)
T.Rex

ggw

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 11:15:00 am »
So, you're a "hater" hater?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:16:00 am »
my pet peeve: message boards that have SEVEN concurrent threads about Wilco.

it's enough to make me a hater.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:17:00 am »
my second pet peeve of the day will be Trolls who annoy the crap out of my grumpy self...
T.Rex

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 11:22:00 am »
Lazy people who stand on the left side of Metro escalators, thereby blocking the way for those people who wish to walk.

Particularly those who stand on a down escalator. How fucking lazy is that?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 11:23:00 am »
men in bonnets are sooooooo HOT!!!
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 11:25:00 am »
Agreed.  Similarly, people that walk next to each other on the sidewalk and either refuse to move when someone walks in the opposite direction or act like they're doing you a favor by moving.

It's the worst part of my jog through Old Towne, especially because it happens in the road as well as on the sidewalk.

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Lazy people who stand on the left side of Metro escalators, thereby blocking the way for those people who wish to walk.

Particularly those who stand on a down escalator. How fucking lazy is that?

ratioci nation

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Agreed.  Similarly, people that walk next to each other on the sidewalk and either refuse to move when someone walks in the opposite direction or act like they're doing you a favor by moving.

Oooh, me too.  I always feel like Homer Simpson stepping in the mud for Marge's limo as I walk in to a bush or something so they can walk by untouched.

ggw

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Originally posted by nkotb:

Oooh, me too.  I always feel like Homer Simpson stepping in the mud for Marge's limo as I walk in to a bush or something so they can walk by untouched. [/b]
My solution is to simply run into them.

kcjones119

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 11:33:00 am »
my pet peeve has become sweetcell, who manages be both captain obvious and donny from big lebowski (like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what's going on) with his never-clever comments.  i was really hoping he would disappear after the timberlake presale was over but no luck.

it's stupid, i know, and i'm not saying i'm the greatest contributer ever, but for some reason it just grinds my gears.

lbcardoni

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:37:00 am »
People who no matter how many times you have met them, continue to act like they have no clue who you are

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 11:37:00 am »
now now play nice...
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 11:38:00 am »
Also, not to harp on sweetcell (since his last post reminded me of this) but using the term Ticketbastard.  Yes, we all know they're terrible.  But give me a break...

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 11:40:00 am »
Drink slurpers.  I don't care if it is hot or what, slurping is just bad manners and may well get the can/cup shoved down your throat.

alex

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
People who wave impatiently and/or snap their fingers at busy bartenders and waitstaff.  I've never even worked in food service and that shit pisses me off.