Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 102371 times)

bearman🐻

  • Member
  • Posts: 5442
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2004, 12:46:00 pm »
Here are some great live photos from the show in Brazil: http://www.obule.com.br/  And for the record, the Pixies shows HAVE been that amazing. I've seen one of them and have heard 4 of them...they're that good.

Barcelona

  • Member
  • Posts: 1342
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:
  Have any of you actually seen the Pixies live?
 
 Wouldn't it be a shame if their show sucked? Or have you already made up your mind that it will be good?
I saw them on Saturday. Unless they resume their fightings between now and December, the show in DC won't suck. To me, best rock band ever. The only thing I miss in their shows is a live version of the Happening.

Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2004, 05:07:00 pm »
How do they compare to what they were like in the 80's?
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by Barcelona:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:
  Have any of you actually seen the Pixies live?
 
 Wouldn't it be a shame if their show sucked? Or have you already made up your mind that it will be good?
I saw them on Saturday. Unless they resume their fightings between now and December, the show in DC won't suck. To me, best rock band ever. The only thing I miss in their shows is a live version of the Happening. [/b]

bearman🐻

  • Member
  • Posts: 5442
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2004, 06:04:00 pm »
Just as good, if not better. I'm dead serious...I saw them in 1990 and 1991. Trust me, they're just as good now. By the way, Philly tickets on presale. Get your tickets here: http://purchase.sciticketing.com/band/pixies/cgi/dates.mhtml?BAND=PIXIES

Chip Chanko

  • Member
  • Posts: 742
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2004, 06:53:00 pm »
Holy crap...thanks bunnyman. I think I just got two seats in the 4th row (pit). Or whatever P4 is.
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Just as good, if not better. I'm dead serious...I saw them in 1990 and 1991. Trust me, they're just as good now. By the way, Philly tickets on presale. Get your tickets here:  http://purchase.sciticketing.com/band/pixies/cgi/dates.mhtml?BAND=PIXIES

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2004, 07:23:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:
  Have any of you actually seen the Pixies live?
 
 
Seen them.  Love them.  Don't miss them.  Ever.  Because you never know when they're going to break up again, and you may never get to see them.
27>34

jkeisenh

  • Guest
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2004, 08:50:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Just as good, if not better. I'm dead serious...I saw them in 1990 and 1991. Trust me, they're just as good now. By the way, Philly tickets on presale. Get your tickets here:  http://purchase.sciticketing.com/band/pixies/cgi/dates.mhtml?BAND=PIXIES
Yeah, been watching that for weeks, painfully, waiting for our date to show up.  It's funny how tempting it becomes to scalp when there's stuff like this, but it's a big investment, you know?  Can't get myself to do it.

Bombay Chutney

  • Member
  • Posts: 3932
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2004, 09:01:00 am »
I'm surprised they're playing an amphitheater in December.  brrrrrrr.

eltee

  • Member
  • Posts: 3809
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2004, 09:08:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  great info! i just bought the Coachella one, should be a doozy!
Have you received yours?

bearman🐻

  • Member
  • Posts: 5442
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2004, 09:37:00 am »
Actually they close it off in the winter so it becomes an indoor venue as well. Crappy place, but hey...I'm in the 5th row center  :)

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2004, 04:28:00 pm »
I just got my copy of the Coachella show from DiscLive!
 
 #1008 of 2000
 
 In a sweet 2 disc package.
 
 Sounds great too. Much better than those boots floating around.

Venerable Bede

  • Member
  • Posts: 3863
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
second show added in philly on dec. 5
OU812

bearman🐻

  • Member
  • Posts: 5442
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2004, 03:03:00 pm »
I keep wondering when they'll do a presale for the DC show...I guess no word from Seth yet. It's just bizarre that tickets for all these other shows have gone on sale and we're still waiting...waiting...waiting. I hope they don't go on sale this weekend, I'll be out of town!

jkeisenh

  • Guest
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2004, 04:43:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  I keep wondering when they'll do a presale for the DC show...I guess no word from Seth yet. It's just bizarre that tickets for all these other shows have gone on sale and we're still waiting...waiting...waiting. I hope they don't go on sale this weekend, I'll be out of town!
I'm noticing that the tickets just magically appear for the presale-- no notice, no timing-- so i've just been checking twice a day.
 
 then again, i have no life.

Seth Hurwitz

  • Administrator
  • Member
  • Posts: 1011
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2004, 07:50:00 am »
show will not go onsale untill the end of summer
 
 not kidding