Author Topic: DCist.com "Unbuckled" Roll Call...  (Read 1986 times)

Fico

DCist.com "Unbuckled" Roll Call...
« on: June 28, 2005, 01:23:00 pm »
Boys & Girls:

This is just a reminder that the first-ever
 DCist concert, Unbuckled, is taking place this Thursday at the Black Cat backstage. The concert will feature Cartel and Bicycle Thieves, two great local bands. There'll be a bunch of giveaways, including concert tickets for Tegan & Sara, Teenage Fanclub, and Thievery Corporation. Admission is just $7, and things will get started at 9p.m. If you've got a blog and you're so inclined, we'd definitely appreciate a mention - you can find the banner and button for the concert here:
 http://www.dcist.com/attachments/robg3/2005_unbuckled3.JPG
 http://www.dcist.com/images/2005_unbuckled1_button.gif

indietastic

Re: DCist.com "Unbuckled" Roll Call...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 10:44:00 am »
I am going to try like mad to make the show- Friday should be quite slack around the area, why not get started early with the weekend...

redsock

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
I'm gonna try to make it.

Bags

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 02:05:00 pm »
I'd LOVE to come but can't...more power to you!

Fico

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 03:58:00 pm »
Sorry you'll miss it bags..DJing and the Bicycle Thieves to boot...tsk tsk

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 11:49:00 pm »
I'm not sure if I will be able to make it or not but will try. Would also love to see Bicycle Thieves. Another one of those bands that I liked several years ago and had no clue they were local. That's always a nice surprise.

jkeisenh

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 09:06:00 am »
i would try, and i like the bands, but i want nothing to do with dcist.  they were such jerks with the presale stuff earlier this year.  i don't know why i'd go to anything they put on.

Fico

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 10:03:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  i would try, and i like the bands, but i want nothing to do with dcist.  they were such jerks with the presale stuff earlier this year.  i don't know why i'd go to anything they put on.
Forgive and forget...its a chance to snag some Teenage Fanclub tickets!!

Bartelby

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 12:21:00 pm »
A "bump" just for you, Fico!

sparky

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 12:44:00 pm »
yes, a bump was a good idea, this post almost made it out of the top 15.  God forbid someone signs on to this board without reading all about cartel.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
plus i dont think it would be safe to take your bike there, seeing what bands are playing! harhar

Bartelby

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 01:02:00 pm »
Hey, Sparky:  it's what this board is all about.  Just pass up the subject if you're not interested.  Reading each Topic is not mandatory...so far...Sonick: Funny of the day: I'll take my extra bike lock!

sparky

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
exactly.  the nature of the board is to pass something up if you're not interested.  just like we were all doing, until you bumped this post.  it's a message board, not an advertising section.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 01:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  Sonick: Funny of the day: I'll take my extra bike lock!
i concur!! hilarious!!!
(o|o)

Fico

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by sparky:
  exactly.  the nature of the board is to pass something up if you're not interested.  just like we were all doing, until you bumped this post.  it's a message board, not an advertising section.
Let it go sparky...you'll never be Rhett...you just wait till we sign to a major...if you think we're obnoxious know you just wait...follow the Bravery's footsteps to easy stardom we shall... :)