Author Topic: The Baltimore Orioles  (Read 40058 times)

kcjones119

Re: The Baltimore Orioles
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »
I wonder if Leo Mazzone will hang around much longer.  I think he and Perlozzo were life-long pals.

That bullpen is an absolute mess.  It's ruined a bunch of Burres and Guthrie's well pitched games.

shemptiness

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by kcjones119:
  I wonder if Leo Mazzone will hang around much longer.  I think he and Perlozzo were life-long pals.

That bullpen is an absolute mess.  It's ruined a bunch of Burres and Guthrie's well pitched games.
All coaches are staying.  For now.

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2007, 01:29:00 pm »
Bring on Girardi!

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »
Fire. The. OWNER!

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2007, 01:59:00 pm »
Why? What did he do to make them so bad?

They're the 10th highest paid club. So it's not like he's so stingy that they can't afford to have a good team.

And he's not the one making the personnel decisions. The only personnel decision I can remember him having any direct input into was to NOT trade Brian Roberts for Adam Laroche, and that was a great move.

Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:
  Fire. The. OWNER!

sonickteam2

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
i think its the deals that he DOESNT make that are the reason why people hate him.

you're the first person i've ever heard defend him.  

come on, he might have been able to pull of Ramirez for Tejada two years back (maybe) and that would have been great! (for the Orioles).

godsshoeshine

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2007, 02:17:00 pm »
the o's have had a ton of different guys managing and picking players in the past 10 years. owner's been the same, so has the result
o/\o

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »
The same could be said of the Wizards until a couple of years ago. Should they have canned Abe Pollin?

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  the o's have had a ton of different guys managing and picking players in the past 10 years. owner's been the same, so has the result

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »
Didn't Angelos also employ a Psychiatric/psychology/character type exam before all trades and free agent signings?

That's a little hands on.
27>34

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »
Are you trying to imply that that's rare in baseball? I've read it's fairly commonplace.

Originally posted by vansmack:
  Didn't Angelos also employ a Psychiatric/psychology/character type exam before all trades and free agent signings?

That's a little hands on.

vansmack

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Are you trying to imply that that's rare in baseball? I've read it's fairly commonplace.

Not at all, but Angelos supposedly sets up and goes over every exam personally.  You rarely are allowed to forget about Angelos' prior history as a personal-injury attorney when mentioning how in depth "the Orioles" [read Angelos] review the medical history and psychiatric exams of every player the Orioles trade for or sign as a free agent.  Because of this, players don't like hearing their names involved in possible trades to Baltimore.

I mean, has the front office done anything since the signing of Tejada 4 years ago?
27>34

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2007, 02:51:00 pm »
Well if you have a good medical history and are psychiatrically solid, why would you mind hearing your name involved in trade talks to Baltimore? Shouldn't you accept it as par for the course in a profession where the average salary is around 3 million dollars a year, to play a game?

Originally posted by vansmack:

Not at all, but Angelos supposedly sets up and goes over every exam personally.  You rarely are allowed to forget about Angelos' prior history as a personal-injury attorney when mentioning how in depth "the Orioles" [read Angelos] review the medical history and psychiatric exams of every player the Orioles trade for or sign as a free agent.  Because of this, players don't like hearing their names involved in possible trades to Baltimore.

I mean, has the front office done anything since the signing of Tejada 4 years ago? [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2007, 02:55:00 pm »
  Well if you have a good medical history and are psychiatrically solid, why would you mind hearing your name involved in trade talks to Baltimore? Shouldn't you accept it as par for the course in a profession where the average salary is around 3 million dollars a year, to play a game?
You're not worth my effort.  Enjoy rooting for the Clippers of MLB.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
  The same could be said of the Wizards until a couple of years ago. Should they have canned Abe Pollin?

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
[/b]
no they should have fired mike jordan

hey that worked!
o/\o

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »
Anybody looking for a job?

Report: Girardi turns down Orioles
 Ex-Marlins skipper won't become team's next manager, ESPN reports

Joe Girardi today turned down the Orioles' offer to become their new manager, according to an ESPN report.

Orioles officials interviewed the ex-Florida Marlins manager Tuesday and came away impressed enough to ask him to replace the fired Sam Perlozzo.

While former bullpen coach Dave Trembley serves as interim manager, the Orioles now will turn to others on their list, which apparently includes Davey Johnson, who led the club to its last winning season, in 1997, and former San Francisco Giants and Chicago Cubs manager Dusty Baker. The Orioles also were going to interview Rick Dempsey, who had been on the coaching staff before joining the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network as a commentator.