Author Topic: Happy Passover..  (Read 5754 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Happy Passover..
« on: April 02, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »
To the Jew crew here. betty is the only one i think of off-hand. anyway if theres already a thread on this i apologize, but im running from work and havent read this for a bit now.

dont drink too much  :)
HeyLa

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Happy Passover..
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:38:00 pm »
thanks mate!

oh, you better believe we'll all be rolling on the floors filled with kosher wine by the end of the night singing passover songs.  there are 16 jews coming into my house this evening to whine their way through the hagaddah.  the only way to get through one of my dad's sedars half alive is by being true to the bottle.

Jim Graham better not come to my house, though.  he might evict us...

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
Is that why I'm the only person in my office today?
27>34

you be betty

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »
i don't think so...it doesn't start for another couple of hours.

unless people are home cooking like i am   :p

Venerable Bede

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:

unless people are home cooking like i am  
ahhh, i can already tell you'll be a fine wife.
OU812

you be betty

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 05:15:00 pm »
you bet.  i'm going to be a trophy fucking wife.  i like frilly aprons and am a damn good cook.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 05:18:00 pm »
  you bet.  i'm going to be a trophy fucking wife.
you fuck trophies?  or are you implying this is something you'll do only after you get married?  either way, i think that's WEIRD... but whatever makes you happy, go for it!
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »
  you bet.  i'm going to be a trophy fucking wife.  i like frilly aprons and am a damn good cook.
Watch out Betty, once it's expected of you from those kinds of guys, your tune will change FAST! In fact, you strike me as the type who will be very good at cracking the whip on them. You'll just know how to instruct them how to do it right.    ;)

thirsty moore

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:29:00 pm »
Get through college before you say such things Betty.  

you be betty

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »
yeah, yeah.  i'm going to be the best wife ever.  and the best mommy ever.  and oh, i'm going to make lots of money, too.  
 it'll be grand.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »
  yeah, yeah.  i'm going to be the best wife ever.  and the best mommy ever.  and oh, i'm going to make lots of money, too.  
 it'll be grand.
That expectation of our women is a social myth that rarely ever comes in one package since one usually detracts from the other. Pick a priority and, hopefully, you will find a good husband who agrees with and supports that choice. If you can find a way to work them all out, than more power to you! Just don't set  yourself up to expect it all.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
Did anyone find the afikomen yet?

I'm hiding an afikomen, btw.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Just don't set  yourself up to expect it all.
Jaguar, stop crushing the starry-eyed aspirations of the nation's youth.   ;)
_\|/_

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 01:48:00 am »
  thanks mate!

oh, you better believe we'll all be rolling on the floors filled with kosher wine by the end of the night singing passover songs.  there are 16 jews coming into my house this evening to whine their way through the hagaddah.  the only way to get through one of my dad's sedars half alive is by being true to the bottle.

Jim Graham better not come to my house, though.  he might evict us...
sounds like a good time. the place i was at had 27 people. it took us 3 hours to get through the first part of the hagaddah. the 'kids' table (which was all people not nearly kids, was pretty drunk and the conversation was out of control.) somehow the word praying, turned into being on hands and knees - and yes you can fill in the blanks. ive never seen so much wine (and relatively good for kosher for passover wine) drank in just a few hours.

i was the mostly sober one since i had to drive, and im sure still had too much. well i did stop after a glass and a half as i figured id be doomed if i kept going. didnt even stay for the second half of the reading. that continued around midnight. good fun! hope yours was as eventful.

and hell - dont strive to be a trophy wife. do what the wife did for this passover - and hire people to cater the dinner. granted with 27 of us (and for 2 nights) thats more than a bit insane.

ok im dead tired and have to go to sleep. i didnt even buy matzah this year! bad jew  :)
HeyLa

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 09:22:00 am »
I hid the afikomen down the front of my pants.  Any good looking Jew girls, and by good looking I mean in the same league as Ellen Barkin & Gina Gershon, are welcome to come over to my place and fish for it.