Author Topic: VR presale...  (Read 2498 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
VR presale...
« on: April 04, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »
As an FYI, etix royally screwed up the presale this morning for the Velvet Revoilver presale.  It was supposed to go on sale at 10:00.  Sure enough at 10:00 the links went live.  All of them went to the ticket sale links for the respective shows EXCEPT the 930 show which went to an etix page that had no links but one back to the VR site to join the fan club.  All the others (through TM) worked just fine.  You did need to be a member to get the presale.  I am a member of the club.  The deal is that etix screwed up and the link didnt go live until later in the day and sold out in about 45 minutes or so.  I cant go to band sites, etc at work because of filtering.  Now I got dicked because of etix screw up.  I had heard bad things about them in the past but this is the first Ive experienced it myself.  Hopefully I'll get tickets tomorrow during the normal sale but taht will probablly screw up as well.  I ahve already contacted my CC and told them to deny the charge for the fan club fee.  Thanks, Im dont ranting!
FUKIT

alex

Re: VR presale...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »
That's what you get for trying to see a shitty band?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
(Mandatory 3rd grade response) As opposed to the shitty bands that you like?

(Politically correct response) Sir I deeply regret having offended you by menitoning a band that in any way is not up to your personal standards.  If you suffered any mental anguish as a result of reading said post, please contact my legal representatives and insurance carriers to arrange adequate and appropriate compensation.

(Actual response) You enjoy what you enjoy and I enjoy what I want.  As TG has put it many times, there are only two types of music...  Music I like and music I don't like.  There is no such thing as a band that sucks (well that is if you don't count metallica or boston).
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
To address all of the PMs I have been sent since posting...

1) No I do not work at the club.
 2) No I have no inside word on when tickets go on sale.
 3) No I dont know if tickets.com or someone else will be conducting any/all sales.
 4) No I dont know how long it will take to sell out.

- and finally -

5) No I dont know how early you shoudl get to the club to get in line for the show.

Thanks!
FUKIT

Fooer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
I got through because I kept on trying from 10 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.  VIP and regular GA

TheDirector217

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  (Mandatory 3rd grade response) As opposed to the shitty bands that you like?

(Politically correct response) Sir I deeply regret having offended you by menitoning a band that in any way is not up to your personal standards.  If you suffered any mental anguish as a result of reading said post, please contact my legal representatives and insurance carriers to arrange adequate and appropriate compensation.

(Actual response) You enjoy what you enjoy and I enjoy what I want.  As TG has put it many times, there are only two types of music...  Music I like and music I don't like.  There is no such thing as a band that sucks (well that is if you don't count metallica or boston).
So you dig Velvet Revolver, but don't like Metallica.  OK.  ;)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 03:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fooer:
  I got through because I kept on trying from 10 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.  VIP and regular GA
Congrats.  Too bad they screwed up things and the presale only went to that "sign up for a membership page for the forst 10 minutes".  BTW how much was the VIP for the 930 show?
FUKIT

Fooer

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »
$185 plus $6 service charge for VIP GA

$55 plus $11 service charge on each ticket.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »
Damn, are they competing with Coachella?

Originally posted by Fooer:
  $185 plus $6 service charge for VIP GA

$55 plus $11 service charge on each ticket.
(_|_)

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 11:35:00 pm »
where is the VIP GA? it must be on stage for that price.
xoxo

RustyOrgan

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 10:07:00 am »
For VIP you get to watch the show from Scott's heroin spoon

Cali

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
looks like it's sold out....

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »
I didn't see any VIP tickets on sale at 10am. Whats the deal with those?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
VIP is at the fan club only.  Its $185 each. You get a ticket, access to the upstairs left roped off for the VIPs, and a special Velvet revolver merchandise yet to be determined.
FUKIT

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 08:30:00 am »
Gosh!  $185 for VIP tickets?!?!?  For Velvet Revolver!?!?!  Elvis Costello VIP tickets are only $75 or something.

Drive a couple hours up to Camden/Philly.  Velvet Revolver are playing the WMMR-B-Q at the Tweeter Center.  Evanescence, Buckcherry, Chevelle, Fuel, Flyleaf and The Exies are also playing and it's only $50.

I could take or leave Velvet Revolver but it just amuses me to no end that after dealing with the incredible drama of Axl Rose they looked long and hard for a lead singer they could work with and wouldn't be a diva/jerk and they decided on...Scott Weiland.

That's hilarious.

Brian