Author Topic: Collective Soul 21+?  (Read 8792 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Collective Soul 21+?
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
WED. JUN. 15
 $25.00
 The Road to Vegas featuring COLLECTIVE SOUL
 w/ Silvertide

Due to the promotional nature of this event, this show is 21+
 ------------------

what's the deal with this?  i would guess that collective soul's fanbase is 30+ anyway...
(o|o)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Collective Soul 21+?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
it's because the show is sponsered by a alcohol company...
T.Rex

Arthwys

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
30+ fanbase?  Not quite yet.  I got into Collective Soul from the moment that first hit single "Shine" hit the airwaves in '94.  I was 12 at the time.  It's 11 years later and I'm 23.  I'm pretty much already experiencing the first wave of bands reforming that I really liked back in the day...Spin Doctors, Collective Soul, Gin Blossoms, Live, have all tried in the last few years to revive their careers.  It's been kinda nice, cuz I missed seeing them live when I was 12, 13, 14...
Emrys

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 05:08:00 pm »
Spin Doctors should have stopped the first time around. They're without a doubt, one of the worst live bands out there. They're a studio band. They rank up there with Everclear as far as worst sounding band live.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Arthwys

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 07:53:00 pm »
Interesting opinion...I never saw them back in the 90's, but twice since they got back together.  Both times they sounded great and the lead singer had great stage presence.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I was at what at first glance probably should've been called "the 90's alternative wash-up tour!" at 9:30 a couple years ago which included Sponge, Seven Mary Three, Spin Doctors, and Gin Blossoms.  It ranks as one of the best shows i've been to.
Emrys

Bartelby

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 08:27:00 pm »
Arthways:  I love you.  (1) you're a risk taker when it comes to music ('cause I think you agree even bad rock can be fun); and (2) you're not afraid to admit to seeing uncool bands - and possibly get flamed on this board.  I assume you'll be at Kasabian too?  I will - also Collective Soul and Silvertide!

Summerteeth

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 08:50:00 pm »
I'll defend Seven Mary Three.  They got sucked into the grunge fad, only to have their subsequent albums go resoundingly ignored despite showing great ability for writing catchy melodies with the occasional arena rocker thrown in.

Arthwys

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
I would definitely be at Kasabian, they put on a great show when opening for The Music.  However, British Sea Power at the Black Cat that same night trumps seeing Kasabian a second time!
Emrys

Bartelby

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 02:47:00 pm »
Cwap...I've screwed up and got tics. to BOTH. Maybe I can wear my running shoes and catch both...the BC shows usually start much later than 930. The Spring/Summer line-up around here is AWESOME...and the smaller venues are the best of all. Let's keep it secret, tho.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 03:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  I would definitely be at Kasabian, they put on a great show when opening for The Music.  However, British Sea Power at the Black Cat that same night trumps seeing Kasabian a second time!
british sea power put on an amazing show, if you haven't caught them yet they're a must-see
(o|o)

Arthwys

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 03:27:00 pm »
Already have tix in hand for BSP.  Really big fan of them.  Have seen them twice at the Black Cat.  I too debated trying to see both, but I'd rather get to BSP early enough to be right up front.  Rather glad that Kasabian and BSP are the same night, forces me to spend money on only one of the two.  I'm just a poor college student and need to spend less on concerts, and told myself I wouldn't go see Bloc Party again when they come to 9:30...my resolve lasted until last night at the Decemberists when discussing BP w/ friends, now I'm all psyched to see them again and am now attempting to get a ticket.    :roll:  I have no willpower.
Emrys

Bartelby

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 04:27:00 pm »
Arthways:  Don't buy a ticket for Bloc Party yet, I may have a freebie for you. I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow a.m.

Arthwys

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
BadSushi, Excellent news!  Thanks so much in advance if it works out.  I assume you're also going to the show?  If so, I'm buying you a drink.
Emrys