Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378079 times)

walkonby

Re: iphone
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »
wow . . . now even phones hate gay people.

http://www.lesbilicious.co.uk/campaigns-politics/google-defends-gay-test-phone-app/

i wonder if they substituted any other "group" instead of gays, if it would be considered a "fun app"?
I'm suprised you are just now getting wise to the long standing anti-gay agenda that most phones have.

but they have vibrate.  gays love vibrate.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2009, 07:45:14 pm »
wow . . . now even phones hate gay people.

Not all phones are anti-gay!

_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2009, 11:19:39 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2009, 04:45:34 pm »
Apple rejects Tweetie 1.3 for foul language in Twitter trends

Apple's just reached a whole new level of stupidity in App Store approval shenanigans: the Tweetie 1.3 update was just rejected for displaying "offensive language" in its Twitter trend search view. Right, not for offensive language in the app itself, but for offensive language on Twitter -- an insanely strict new standard that could conceivably be used to reject each and every iPhone Twitter client out there. (And if you haven't noticed, there are quite a few iPhone Twitter clients.) Hell, Apple might as well reject the next versions of Safari and Mail, since they can display dirty words too -- and let's not forget the awful things people are doing with Notes and the camera. Better lock it down.

Look, Apple -- this is a nadir. Rejecting a Twitter client for Twitter's content is simply indefensible, and it's a sign that the App Store approval "process" is broken beyond repair. It's time to drop the seemingly-random black-box approach -- which has earned nothing but well-deserved scorn -- open up, establish consistent, easy-to-understand rules with a well-defined appeals process, and actually work with innovative developers like Tweetie's Loren Brichter to push your platform forward in the face of newly-stiff competition. The massive popularity of the iPhone and the App Store may prevent a mass exodus, but the best devs are going to leave if they feel jerked around, and we doubt a store full of fart apps and misogynistic jiggle apps is really the vision you had for your platform. Think about it.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2009, 02:29:03 pm »
27>34

bellenseb

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2009, 03:07:22 pm »
I suppose, but I don't see that much appeal when you can get literally any station on your iPhone, mostly for free. I'd be shocked if SiriusXM gave it away.

Clever move.

SiriusXM Developing iPhone Streaming Radio App

vansmack

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »
I suppose, but I don't see that much appeal when you can get literally any station on your iPhone, mostly for free. I'd be shocked if SiriusXM gave it away.

What if you were a subscriber and SiriusXM gave you access to all of your channels via your iPhone?  Would that be enough to get more people to sign up for SiriusXM?  I'm seeing this as a potential boon for sports broadcasts (although I would love to read the fine print of that contract - I'm sure the sporting associations retained IP rights and granted SiriusXM satellite rights, but we'll see). 
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 07:19:33 pm »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:23 am »
it just annoys me how apple just can't seem to get the Mac Mini right.... it's latest version is just amazingly overpriced and underpowered in comparison to similar Wintel Machines...  the Mini is the machine I've been thinking about getting for awhile but it's just worth paying the Apple premium for one.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2009, 12:59:15 pm »
just amazingly overpriced and underpowered

Nu-uh.  And Apple product?  Never heard of such a thing.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2009, 03:28:11 pm »
the real innovation here is that you get BOTH overpriced and underpowered.  usually it's only one or the other :)
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2009, 02:44:14 pm »
It's official - Iphone 3.0 will have copy/paste, MMS support, and my favorite, landscape keyboard in any app that uses the keyboard.

vansmack

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:11 pm »
Welcome to Windows Mobile 5.

Tell me (since I didn't make the event), can you take video yet to send with that MMS?
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2009, 02:53:16 pm »
supposedly the slingbox player app should be out shorty too:
http://www.slingmedia.com/go/iphone
i might have to get a slingbox now
o/\o