Author Topic: iphone  (Read 377925 times)

vansmack

Re: iphone
« Reply #285 on: October 06, 2009, 07:10:51 pm »
Thanks Smackie...that new HD whatever it is from HTC looks sweet. 

This video had me on the phone with Sprint to make certain I get a test model before Q1-2010.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2009, 11:35:10 pm »
This video had me on the phone with Sprint to make certain I get a test model before Q1-2010.

@htc: We just posted a fun and flashy video of the HD2 over on YouTube. Give it a look! http://bit.ly/hTtxw
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2009, 06:45:40 pm »
HOLY SHIT is this ever the EPIC FAIL or EPIC FAILS!!!

Sidekick customers, during this service disruption, please DO NOT remove your battery, reset your Sidekick, or allow it to lose power.

Regrettably, based on Microsoft/Danger's latest recovery assessment of their systems, we must now inform you that personal information stored on your device - such as contacts, calendar entries, to-do lists or photos - that is no longer on your Sidekick almost certainly has been lost as a result of a server failure at Microsoft/Danger. That said, our teams continue to work around-the-clock in hopes of discovering some way to recover this information. However, the likelihood of a successful outcome is extremely low.

I had no idea that the Sidekick worked ONLY in the cloud space (never owned one because I didn't get the appeal).  Who didn't backup the data before upgrading the servers??!?!?
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2009, 12:27:08 am »
HOLY SHIT is this ever the EPIC FAIL or EPIC FAILS!!!

Sidekick customers, during this service disruption, please DO NOT remove your battery, reset your Sidekick, or allow it to lose power.

The data services provider is called Danger? Danger? It's like a restaurant called Sam 'n' Ella's.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2009, 12:30:29 pm »
Alleged details on the events leading up to Danger's doomsday scenario are starting to come out of the woodwork, and it all paints a truly embarrassing picture: Microsoft, possibly trying to compensate for lost and / or laid-off Danger employees, outsources an upgrade of its Sidekick SAN to Hitachi, which -- for reasons unknown -- fails to make a backup before starting. Long story short, the upgrade runs into complications, data is lost, and without a backup to revert to, untold thousands of Sidekick users get shafted in an epic way rarely seen in an age of well-defined, well-understood IT strategies.

The coming weeks are going to be trying times for both Microsoft and T-Mobile, a sideline player in this carnage that ultimately still shoulders responsibility for taking users' cash month after month and keeping tabs on the robustness of its partners' workflows. We're betting that heads are going to roll at both of these companies, formal investigations are going to be waged, users are going to be compensated in big ways, lawsuits are going to be filed, and textbooks could very well be modified to make sure that lessons are learned for the next generation of college grads tasked with keeping clouds running. Why there weren't any backups -- even older ones -- that could've been used as a restore point is totally unclear, so we're hoping Microsoft has the stones to come clean for the benefit of an entire industry that wants to understand how to make sure this never happens again.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/11/sidekick-failure-rumors-point-fingers-at-outsourcing-lack-of-ba/
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2009, 11:01:33 am »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2009, 12:54:38 pm »
Jail-broken iPhones get Rickrolled

funny story, but what an idiot... he was feeling all high and mighty when he wrote the worm, telling himself that he's going to teach all the RTFM'ers a lesson.  let's see how proud of himself he feels after the feds coming knocking on his door.  ya, there's a manual for how to release a virus/worm without getting caught.  might wanna read it.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2009, 01:10:45 pm »
Oh, those zany folks at Verizon...

As for the hacker, I'm pretty sure he's Aussie so it will be interesting to see what their rules are.
27>34

wml7

« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2009, 01:25:31 pm »
I was out of contract with my sprint phone and almost made the leap to at&t and getting an iphone.  I'm still on this plan called Sero on sprint which is like 29 bucks total tax included that includes unlimited everything and 500 mins a month.  I decided to stay and got the touch pro 2 from HTC.  It's ok but not as responsive as the iphone as far as the screen goes.  But hey you can't beat that 29 bucks  ;D

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2009, 12:46:58 pm »
Anyone here have an Android OS phone yet or signifigant experience with one?  Thoughts appreciated!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2009, 12:52:24 pm »
I was out of contract with my sprint phone and almost made the leap to at&t and getting an iphone.  I'm still on this plan called Sero on sprint which is like 29 bucks total tax included that includes unlimited everything and 500 mins a month.  I decided to stay and got the touch pro 2 from HTC.  It's ok but not as responsive as the iphone as far as the screen goes.  But hey you can't beat that 29 bucks  ;D

Looks like a great deal and I'd love to be able to switch over for something like that but, alas, as I've stated elsewhere before, Sprint, absolutely, NEVER, EVER works anywhere that I try to make a phone call. So, they are totally out of my life! Sure wish T-Mobile would bring my charges down to something like that. Other than the cost, so far, I've been totally happy with them and (so far) have been able to call from every and anywhere. From my experience, can't do that with Sprint or Verizon.

vansmack

« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2009, 01:17:44 pm »
Anyone here have an Android OS phone yet or signifigant experience with one?  Thoughts appreciated!

Well, three days with 1.5 with SenseUI (HTC) overlay on a Hero for Sprint if that helps.  Much like WinMo, the skins make it much easier to use.  I have yet to use 2.0 for more than a few minutes at the Verizon store, and would say that the Moto keyboard on the droid is not the easiest in the world to use.  Might take some getting used to.

All in all I had a fairly positive experience with Droid. The widgets run fairly smoothly, even when running multiple widgets simultaneously.  There was a great perfromance increase with the Moto phone over the HTC phone, due mostly to the faster processor, but the overall user experience with the Droid phone was not as nice as the HTC phone.

Was there anything specific you were looking for? 
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2009, 01:18:33 pm »

ixkpd-bk was an early adopter of android and absolutely loves (loved?) it.  maybe he'll grace us with an opinion or two.  it's obviously great for mobile social networking... dude is facebooking/twatting/twitpic'ing/etc 24/7.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2009, 01:59:40 pm »
just got the google G1 phone and very very impressed with it esp. the browser (it really does look like a browser on your personal computer) and you can view it in landscape or portrait view. Only problems right now are: 1.) there isn't a decent facebook app for this phone (yet) , 2.) charging seems to take a long time, 3.) not a fan of the touch keyboard (there is a physical keyboard, however). The twitter app (Twidroid) is great. 

(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2009, 02:33:42 pm »
Was there anything specific you were looking for? 

No nothing in particular..just user experience as related to the other major players.

I think that the android phone to get will be htc's stab at 2.0.  I saw the droid at the verizon store and was not that impressed with the design.  Keyboard was meh, edges a little sharp.  Nice and thin for a slider though.