Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378050 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: iphone
« Reply #525 on: April 23, 2010, 12:51:01 pm »
<sig>

Venerable Bede

« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2010, 05:44:29 pm »
polize seize gear from Gizmodo iPhone blogger

A computer-crime task force made up of multiple law enforcement agencies searched Gizmodo editor and blogger Jason Chen's house and car in Fremont, Calif., on Friday, according to a statement and search warrant documents provided by Gizmodo.

The warrant, issued by a Superior Court judge in San Mateo County, said the computers and other devices may have been used to commit a felony. Steve Wagstaffe, spokesman for the San Mateo County District Attorney's office, confirmed the warrant's authenticity.

OU812

vansmack

« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2010, 05:53:26 pm »
Maybe Luftansa should have offered the Gizmodo editor a trip to Germany....
27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #528 on: April 27, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »
Man... fuck with Apple and Steve Jobs' suede denim secret police will kick your door in....

Apparently Apple is one of the members of the advisory board of the secret police cyber crime task force that raided this poor dood's house.   I always thought Apple's entire approach was a bit fascistic -- the closed systems, the assumption that users are total idiots -- but I never thought they'd take that fascism beyond the software world.

_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #529 on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:37 pm »
Apparently Apple is one of the members of the advisory board of the secret police cyber crime task force that raided this poor dood's house.  

where did you read/hear this?
<sig>

• my blog
« Reply #530 on: April 27, 2010, 09:33:27 pm »
Apparently Apple is one of the members of the advisory board of the secret police cyber crime task force that raided this poor dood's house.  

where did you read/hear this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100427/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1816

_\|/_

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #531 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:10 pm »
Man... fuck with Apple and Steve Jobs' suede denim secret police will kick your door in....

Apparently Apple is one of the members of the advisory board of the secret police cyber crime task force that raided this poor dood's house.   I always thought Apple's entire approach was a bit fascistic -- the closed systems, the assumption that users are total idiots -- but I never thought they'd take that fascism beyond the software world.

Not in the teeniest bit surprised! Would bet anything that Microsoft, Comcrap, the RIAA, Intel, Verizon  and all (or, at least, most) of the other biggies help to fill out the rest.

Several years ago, AT&T (or maybe it was Verizon) was outed for operating a back room going through everyone's communications and handing it over to the NSA. May have been 20/20 that did the feature. Not sure but one of those night time news features shows. It's also no secret that Clinton worked with MS and others to have all phones, computers, etc, contain clipper chips which allow them a backdoor into your electro-life. It's everywhere and these are only a few examples and all of our overlords are involved.

Fascism is when the corporations and the government become one and often use force (among other dirty tricks) to wield their power over the masses.

So, Doomie, you are correct.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2010, 10:51:24 pm »
Not in the teeniest bit surprised! Would bet anything that Microsoft, Comcrap, the RIAA, Intel, Verizon  and all (or, at least, most) of the other biggies help to fill out the rest.
As they should. You cannot knowingly purchase stolen property, then profit from said transaction and expect things to be hunky-dory.

• my blog
« Reply #533 on: April 28, 2010, 07:07:56 am »
Ah, I knew someone would come along post-haste to defend Applefascism, and I'm not surprised it's our certified fuckface!

Anyway, a rather obvious point but I'll make it anyway --  if my car got stolen and you bought it knowingly and bragged about it on your blog, I'd want the cops to kick your door in -- but they wouldn't.    Because all things considered it's a relatively minor crime -- and I don't own a billion dollar company and sit on a police task force board.     Under the law, all people are supposed to be equal -- but clearly that's not the case.

_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #534 on: April 28, 2010, 04:42:25 pm »
HP just bought Palm for $1.2 billion.

WebOS will live on.  The jury is out on hardware....
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #535 on: April 29, 2010, 01:24:02 pm »
why apple won't support flash

Steve Jobs slams Flash, says it's a proprietary, security and battery-challenged relic

So that's how Steve Jobs thinks about Adobe and Flash.

In a scathing letter, Apple CEO Jobs lays out six reasons why Apple won't support Flash technology on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch saying it hasn't kept pace with the modern low-battery touch world of mobile. Stepping back, Jobs details a larger rift between long-time partners Apple and Adobe, saying the two have "grown apart" and share few joint interests.

This is a systematic take-down of arguments that Adobe and many Flash supporters and developers have thrown out recently following Apple's decision to not support Flash on its mobile devices and more recently, not allow iPhone OS developers to use Flash-based cross platform development tools.

Mike Chambers, Adobe's principal product manager laid out his concerns in a blog post earlier this month explaining why Adobe won't be investing any more in its iPhone development tools. He said Apple's decision to ban Flash was an effort to lock in developers inside a walled garden and prevent them from writing titles that can easily appear on multiple platforms.

Jobs said the his beef with Flash comes down to six points:

-He said Flash is proprietary and while Apple has its own closed products, it supports open web standards such as HTML5, CSS and Javascript.

-Apple is encouraging many websites to encode in H.264, which can be seen on the iPhone and iPad's Safari browser. He said while Flash games won't work on the iPhone OS, he said there are 50,000 games in the App Store.

-Flash has security problems and is the number one cause for Mac crashes, Jobs said. He said Adobe still hasn't shown Flash can work well on a mobile device.

-Flash is a battery hog which doesn't work well with mobile devices, said Jobs. He said users can get twice the battery life watching H.264 videos than Flash video.

-Jobs said as mobile goes to touch, Flash isn't designed to support it. That would force many developers to re-write sites. So why not make the move to HTML5 then, he asks.

And finally, Jobs said most importantly, he's opposed to allowing developers to use Flash to create iPhone apps because it results in "sub-standard apps" and can slow the pace of app development to when Adobe updates its developer tools. He said Adobe's goal to enable cross-platform apps would lead to apps that don't take full advantage of the iPhone OS' strengths.

In closing, Jobs said Flash is a product of the PC era but has not evolved for mobile. "...the mobile era is about low power devices, touch interfaces and open web standards - all areas where Flash falls short," Jobs wrote. "New open standards created in the mobile era, such as HTML5, will win on mobile devices (and PCs too). Perhaps Adobe should focus more on creating great HTML5 tools for the future, and less on criticizing Apple for leaving the past behind."

Waiting on an official response from Adobe.

OU812

Venerable Bede

« Reply #536 on: April 29, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »

according to this article, apple knew where the phone was and had tried to talk to the guy, but didn't, for one reason or another.  so, they called they called the san mateo county DA to launch an investigation- the DA then asked the REACT team what to do, of which Apple is a member, and, voila, cops break down the door of the gizmodo writer.
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:39 pm »
exactly what carnegie would do

i think adobe should be mellon
o/\o

Got Haggis?

« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2010, 01:54:21 pm »
I've been in Barcelona this week. A few nights ago, someone pick pocketed my iphone out of my front jeans pocket :(

vansmack

« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »
why apple won't support flash

(1) Haha Proprietary.  From Apple?  Haha.  That KILLED me.  I'm still laughing about it.

(2) "Use the ONLY video format I support in itunes instead."  But the Flash Player supports H.264, what are you going to do about Flash that has H.264 video?  See argument 1 to see the irony.

(3) First, I didn't realize Macs crash, at least I haven't heard that from any owners.  They even brag about it.  But here's a thought Steve - why not work with them to improve their product, rather than trying to destroy them over a fight that started decades ago?

(4) You know what else is a battery hog?  Watching a Blu-Ray disc or HD encoded movie on my laptop.  But I do it.  All the time.  And yes, it forces me to plug in a little more often, but it turns out I'm smart enough to think of that ahead of time.  Thanks for having faith in me, Steve.  My own ability to decide notwithstanding, I'd love to see that study proving twice as much battery life because the biggest hog on my phone is lighting the screen, and I'm pretty sure H.264 needs to light my screen to watch the movie. 

(5) Touch is going to force you to re write anyway, so choose my standard instead.  What the hell kind of argument is that?  Flash worked fine on my Diamond with WinMo 6.5.6, which was clearly a touch phone. 

(6) So set programming standards you ass hole.  Don't decide to not support something.  Say, any app must work at a minimum of this resolution, and enable the following apps to provide function.  And if Adobe (or any one else) can meet those standards they're free to make all the "sub-standard" fart apps they want. 

Just admit that you're an arrogant bastard that can't let an old fight go and you're still upset with Adobe which is why you won't support Flash.  The iPhone came out long before HTML5 was anywhere near ready for the public and you didn't support flash then, stop hiding behind HTML5 now.  Just say you're a prick, but the man who's in charge, and if you want my product it will never have flash on it BECAUSE IT'S SOLELY UP TO ME.
27>34