Author Topic: iphone  (Read 377989 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: iphone
« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »
Anyone else catch Jon Stewart's Apple Rant yesterday?  Classic stuff including pointed jabs at smackies's favorite provider
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #556 on: May 04, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »
Anyone else catch Jon Stewart's Apple Rant yesterday?  Classic stuff including pointed jabs at smackies's favorite provider

i watched all of yesterday's show (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/mon-may-3-2010-jonathan-eig) and didn't see anything about Apple...

maybe you meant last week's episode? http://www.thedailyshow.com/collection/309080/the-daily-show-s-best-apple-moments/307953
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:20 pm »

Negative. Negative! It didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #558 on: May 04, 2010, 06:40:03 pm »
Ellen makes a joke about Apple.
Apple doesn't have a sense of humor.
Ellen apologizes.

You can't watch that video on your iPhone or your iPad. 
I think that's funny. 
Apple doesn't apologize.
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #559 on: May 05, 2010, 02:32:58 am »
Sour Apples.

Screw 'em! I'll stick with oranges.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #560 on: May 05, 2010, 01:34:27 pm »
Maybe i had missed this before, but this was new to me:

In the case of the missing iPhone, law enforcement officials say it required special attention because the device was no ordinary cellphone. The prototype included features that Apple has guarded zealously and which it probably believes give it a competitive advantage over its rivals. Chen's editor said Gizmodo paid $5,000 to a man who claimed to have found it at a beer garden in Redwood City, Calif.

But when officers raided Chen's house they were not actually looking for the wayward phone. Apple had already picked up the device from Chen's home four days earlier.

REACT was called in anyway. Chen was not home at the time, so the investigators broke down his door and hauled away several computers, hard drives and boxes of documents. Investigators said they were looking for evidence related to the theft of a phone.

OU812

vansmack

« Reply #561 on: May 05, 2010, 01:46:41 pm »
I redact my light defense of Apple.

While I was right about them REALLY going after who sold the phone to Gizmodo, I am shocked that ANYBODY thought this was worthy of breaking down a door and entering an apartment without the owner, arguably a journalist, being present and ebing served the warrant.

Some constitutional scholars are going to have a filed day with this.  I'm smelling 4th and 5th Amedment violations all over the place.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #562 on: May 10, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »
A coworker of mine just got a new HTC Incredible and I was helping him get it set up on our exchange server here.  Hands down the best android device I've used by miles and miles.  Great form factor and build quality, and the thing is FAST FAST FAST.

vansmack

« Reply #563 on: May 10, 2010, 04:52:03 pm »
A coworker of mine just got a new HTC Incredible and I was helping him get it set up on our exchange server here.  Hands down the best android device I've used by miles and miles.  Great form factor and build quality, and the thing is FAST FAST FAST.

Couldn't agree more.  I used one for about an hour last week and I was left with envy over my Hero.  For lack of a better word, it really is an incredible phone.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #564 on: May 10, 2010, 04:56:45 pm »
Just got mine over the weekend.  PERFECT timing with the renewal of my Verizon Wireless contract.  It's fantastic...I've been nerding out hardcore all day.

Couldn't agree more.  I used one for about an hour last week and I was left with envy over my Hero.  For lack of a better word, it really is an incredible phone.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #565 on: May 10, 2010, 05:18:30 pm »
woa - online reviews can't seem to gush enough about this handset:

"Let's just put this out there: the Droid Incredible is the best Android device that you can purchase in America right now. It's better than the Droid, better than the Nexus One, and certainly beats the pants off of any previous generation handsets like the Eris, myTouch, or Cliq. It's not just a very, very good Android phone (though it is); it's also an excellent smartphone no matter how you cut it. If you're on Verizon right now, you're finally getting really great options for phones, but the Incredible is currently sitting at the top of that heap with a good bit of distance to the next in line. Sure, there are still issues like a lack of quality titles in the Android Market, and if a hardware keyboard is a must, this won't do the job for you. Also, while Sense is truly great on this phone, there may be users who prefer a more streamlined, stripped down experience. Still, if you're looking for an ultra-fast, extremely capable smartphone that has the guts and gleam to go the distance, the Incredible just might be the Droid you're looking for. Yes, we made that joke." http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/droid-incredible-review/

sounds like a winner.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #566 on: May 10, 2010, 05:22:39 pm »
I love the Sense UI on my Hero, but I'm still on Android 1.5 (don't get me started on this).  The 1ghz processor on the Incredible seemed faster than the 1 ghz processor on the Droid - even with the Sense UI Skin!

I was really looking forward to the EVO, but when I saw how big the HD2 was, I started thinking that it's just too big for a mans pocket.  I'm now thinking the form factor of the Incredible with all the same innards is the way to go.  Just a beautiful, fast phone. 
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2010, 06:05:38 pm »
Oh, and for those of you on Verizon:

iPhone for Verizon slated for May 22, 2012
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #568 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:45 pm »
HTC EVO 4G from Sprint:

Android 2.1 with HTC Sense and WiMax.  Available this summer.

By the way, built in HotSpot for connecting up to 8 laptops/tablets/devices to use WiMax.

June 4, 2010
$199 with 2-year contract
$10 extra for 4G data (though I'm trying to clarify this)
$30 a month for the 8 device teather capability (wifi hotspot)
Simulaneous voice and data when on 4G network

Given that Sprint has a $70 everything plan, add $10 for everythign 4G.  If you want the hotspot, it would look something like this:

Sprint 3g/4g unlimited, unlimited talk/etc/etc, mobile hotspot(5GB 3G, unlimited 4G): 109.98

For comparison:
Verizon 3g unlimited, unlimited talk/text/etc, mobile hotspot (5GB): 129.97
at&t doesn't allow teathering so I can't do the hotspot comparison: Priceless

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:43:07 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #569 on: May 12, 2010, 08:50:55 pm »
And let me answer the next question for everybody:

It costs $375 break your AT&T contract prematurely.
27>34