Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378041 times)

vansmack

Re: iphone
« Reply #735 on: April 26, 2011, 04:19:15 pm »
I'd love to be in the background watching which of you have the balls to do this, say it again when demanded, and then get away with it.

I do and I have.  I've even done it for friends I've been with.

It's not that big of a deal.  As long as you maintain a cool demeanor and don't get hot headed about it, you'll come out on top.  Just be prepared to take a little attitude...
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #736 on: April 26, 2011, 04:32:25 pm »
I'd love to be in the background watching which of you have the balls to do this, say it again when demanded, and then get away with it.

I do and I have.  I've even done it for friends I've been with.

You know, I absolutely believe this. You're very good with that sort of stuff. The thing is, the rest of us shouldn't have to be that well informed and have to be put on the spot like that. You know, we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Sadly, that mindset is changing and that is NOT a good way to run society.

It's not that big of a deal.  As long as you maintain a cool demeanor and don't get hot headed about it, you'll come out on top.  Just be prepared to take a little attitude...

For the most part, that is true. But, again, we should not have to be put in such a situation.

Personally, all of my dealings with the cops have been very fair, on the up and up and they've all been very respectful towards me as I was to them. It's just that I know there are cases that haven't been so proper for others... and I'm not talking about fools who showed their ass side to the cops and may have deserved a bit of ass slapping. I know you know exactly where I'm coming from.

Oh, except that one cop who pulled me over assuming he'd get himself a DUI. HA!!! Made me walk the line and everything. I even said something to him about this not being an easy thing to do in spike heels. (One of those standing on one leg things or something while testing my balance.) Of course, I passed with flying colors considering that I wasn't drinking. I could tell he was pissed off too but realized that there was nothing he could do about it.

In the meantime, I think he may have picked me because I was the car right in front of him and slowed down just a bit because, 1) I saw a cop behind me and 2) most importantly, all of these other drunks were speeding and swerving all over the place around me! They scared the shit out of me! What a dumbass! Lets the real drunks go and harasses a careful driving, non-alcohol or drug induced citizen. In the end, it was his attitude that bugged me more than anything! Wouldn't apologize or show any kind of real concern whatsoever. He was just pissed off because he wasn't writing up a DUI.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:45:54 pm by Jaguar »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #737 on: April 26, 2011, 05:54:34 pm »
ive talked friends out of arrest several times. calmness and brevity is my wheelhouse
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #738 on: April 26, 2011, 06:35:27 pm »
So are you guys saying my refusal to ever own a cell phone could in essence be a good thing?

no, it means you are an old coot and not with the times yet  ;D

So when I hand over my phone, do I have to hand over my battery pack too?

wml7

« Reply #739 on: April 26, 2011, 07:06:40 pm »
So are you guys saying my refusal to ever own a cell phone could in essence be a good thing?

no, it means you are an old coot and not with the times yet  ;D

So when I hand over my phone, do I have to hand over my battery pack too?

;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:24:21 pm by wml7 »

vansmack

« Reply #740 on: April 26, 2011, 07:12:35 pm »

;D

IS that photo worth me hacking your hotmail account for me to see?
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #741 on: April 26, 2011, 07:16:04 pm »

wml7

« Reply #742 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:43 pm »
oh, do you guys not see the photo??
ok fixed now you should be able to see the photo  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:25:35 pm by wml7 »

vansmack

« Reply #743 on: April 26, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »
oh, do you guys not see the photo??

EDIT:  Much better.

27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #744 on: April 28, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
Engadget loves that Galaxy S2, basically crowning it the best smartphone ever.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/28/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-review/

I didn't like touchwiz a whole lot when I had the epic, but they seem to have improved it a bunch.  I use launcher pro anyway now.

vansmack

« Reply #745 on: April 28, 2011, 03:53:35 pm »
The GS2 is why I'm passing on the Nexus S when it comes to Sprint next month.  I really want a dual-core phone on a 4G network as my next phone.

I haven't seen any improvements in TW3.0 that justify me using it over Launcher Pro Plus, so you've made the right choice.  I really want a straight Google phone as I'm tired of waiting for carrier/manufacturer updates, but since the non-straight Google phones are far surpassing the straight Google phones at this point in terms of hardware, with places like XDA and the general openness of the software, I'm learning to cope.

It also helps that Google gave me a Dev phone to play with so I'm not always missing the latest and greatest OS treats... 
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #746 on: April 28, 2011, 05:04:54 pm »
Up to now I have not rooted my phone...Been using launcher pro over top of sense.  I'm starting to consider it though, but am scared off by a few things.  My main reason for putting on a new ROM would be to improve performance, esp battery life, and to get off the bloatware.  And I'm just not convinced yet that going to vanilla gingerbread would do that.  Secondly, since Ive never done it before I'm somewhat worried about bricking my phone.  I'm very tech saavy, but I know it happens.  And I really don't feel like having to lay down the $$ for a new phone if I turn mine into a paperweight.

vansmack

« Reply #747 on: April 28, 2011, 07:51:00 pm »
And no, I had no hand in last night's South Park.
27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #748 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »
The average person will be intimidated enough to hand anything over to a cop, especially one that might act like a bully.
Electronic Frontier Foundation

Every country and every society in the world is a police state to the easily-cowed.  Always has been, always will be.

_\|/_

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #749 on: April 28, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »
So back to the topic at hand...

Steve Jobs has claimed that Apple's little file was a cache to make it quicker for the iphone to determine its location.  Having had an Iphone and then an Android, I think there might actually be something to that -- my Android takes noticeably, annoyingly longer to get a location fix than the Iphone did.

_\|/_