Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378076 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: iphone
« Reply #780 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:56 pm »
cool, hope tmobile will carry the iphone...
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #781 on: August 17, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »
cool, hope tmobile will carry the iphone...

As i understand it, that won't happen until the merger is approved. 

Sprint is supposed to have on by the holiday though, but that's pure speculation. I have no inside knowledge.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #782 on: August 23, 2011, 04:37:31 pm »
Sprint is supposed to have on by the holiday though, but that's pure speculation. I have no inside knowledge.

what about iPhone on sprint when when?  ;D

I tend to believe the WSJ when it comes to Apple.  They have a great track record:

Sprint to get the iphone 5 in mid October.

This could signal that the next iphone may not have LTE however.  I just don't see them making a WiMax and LTE version...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:41:53 pm by vansmack »
27>34

wml7

« Reply #783 on: August 23, 2011, 08:09:03 pm »

what about iPhone on sprint when when?  ;D

I tend to believe the WSJ when it comes to Apple.  They have a great track record:

Sprint to get the iphone 5 in mid October.

This could signal that the next iphone may not have LTE however.  I just don't see them making a WiMax and LTE version...

Yeah looks like it's coming to Sprint.  I'm still on my Sero plan of 30 bucks unlimited everything.  They also have a Sero Premium which is 50 bucks that includes all the Android phones.  I think iPhone will fall under that category as well.  Not sure if I will make the leap as you can't beat that 30 bucks for everything  ;D

vansmack

« Reply #784 on: August 24, 2011, 02:44:57 pm »
Yeah looks like it's coming to Sprint.  I'm still on my Sero plan of 30 bucks unlimited everything.  They also have a Sero Premium which is 50 bucks that includes all the Android phones.  I think iPhone will fall under that category as well.  Not sure if I will make the leap as you can't beat that 30 bucks for everything  ;D

Sprint sees it as worth it to keep customers like you, but most of this I agree with:

Sprint iPhone Brings it's share of problems

Of note:

"Sprint will have to deal with higher subsidy costs for the iPhone, a potential new strain on its 3G network, and may even be forced to end its unlimited data plan."

"J.P. Morgan analyst Philip Cusick estimates that AT&T currently pays Apple $400 to $425 for the iPhone 4 and $375 for the iPhone 3GS--all so the customer can buy the phone for $200. In comparison, Sprint pays an estimated $150 subsidy for the new HTC Evo smartphone."

"The iPhone brought a ton of traffic onto AT&T and Verizon Wireless' network, and it's expected to do the same for Sprint. While Sprint has plenty of experience with bandwidth-hogging Android phones, many of its higher-end devices have the luxury of running on the 4G WiMax network, run by partner Clearwire.

Sprint's iPhone isn't expected to run on Clearwire's network. The device is widely expected to a world phone able to run on multiple carriers and will likely include only the major wireless network technologies, HSPA for AT&T and other global carriers, and EV-DO for Verizon and Sprint."

27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #785 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:15 pm »
I thought I was due for an upgraden this month but I went and checked and they said October. SO I'm on the fence. I have a Blackberry Curve and I love it to bits, but my friend was telling me that the Research & Development or whoever makes Blackberry COULD be going under soon SO now I'm contemplaying the iPhone 4 in October but my friend said that the iPhone 5 is coming out in October. I don't like any of the Droid phones, all my friends have them and I'm not a big fan. My main concern is price... If I went in and upgraded today, I would pay $200 for the iPhone 4.... So how much will the iPhone 5 cost? And then will they even HAVE any at any AT&T store? Can I somehow reserve one?
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #786 on: August 24, 2011, 04:06:30 pm »
I thought I was due for an upgraden this month but I went and checked and they said October. SO I'm on the fence. I have a Blackberry Curve and I love it to bits, but my friend was telling me that the Research & Development or whoever makes Blackberry COULD be going under soon SO now I'm contemplaying the iPhone 4 in October but my friend said that the iPhone 5 is coming out in October. I don't like any of the Droid phones, all my friends have them and I'm not a big fan. My main concern is price... If I went in and upgraded today, I would pay $200 for the iPhone 4.... So how much will the iPhone 5 cost? And then will they even HAVE any at any AT&T store? Can I somehow reserve one?

RIM (research in motion) definitely has an uncertain future, though any purchaser would be foolish to dismantle their security and system to rebrand into their own.  While they have fallen out of favor with the consumer, they are still HUGE in business.  Anyhow...

I think anybody who purchases an iPhone 4 in the next 6 week would be making a rather silly move unless they got it for $50 and didn't burn their upgrade.  Devices these days seem to have an 18 month life cycle or so, but while it's new to you, it's already 12 months into its life cycle and you've just tied yourself to it for the next 24 months.  I just don't see the iPhone4 having much if any value in Sept of 2013 when your contract is up.

Just be patient for 6 more weeks, then decide if the iPhone 5/4gs is worth $200+ 2 years or if a closeout iPhone 4 is the way to go.  Apple generally hasn't had a problem supplying the newest phones, it was just the first and the iPads that had problems.  You should be fine if order one online or the day they come out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:08:42 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #787 on: August 24, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »
You can sign up for the iphone online on the Apple website...

(_|_)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #788 on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »
Buy your iPhone at an Apple store. If you have a problem with it, you're more likely to get good service. I dropped mine. It cracked. They replaced it. Try that with AT&T or Best Buy.

Oh, and Steve Jobs just quit.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #789 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:50 pm »

Beat you by two minutes in my vanity thread, but I will share my theory here:

After Jobs was forced out of Apple, he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for being the head of the richest company in the world.  Last week, he attained his goal and now the devil has come collecting.
27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #790 on: August 24, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »

Beat you by two minutes in my vanity thread, but I will share my theory here:

After Jobs was forced out of Apple, he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for being the head of the richest company in the world.  Last week, he attained his goal and now the devil has come collecting.

explain further, in detail.

_\|/_

• my blog
« Reply #791 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09:23 pm »
Buy your iPhone at an Apple store. If you have a problem with it, you're more likely to get good service. I dropped mine. It cracked. They replaced it. Try that with AT&T or Best Buy.

It doesn't matter where you buy it.  I bought my Iphone from AT&T and the Apple store replaced it, twice.
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #792 on: August 25, 2011, 01:39:04 am »

No problem.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust

I'm happy to let you borrow the book. Do you have a kindle?
27>34

• my blog
« Reply #793 on: August 25, 2011, 07:20:04 am »

No problem.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust

I'm happy to let you borrow the book. Do you have a kindle?

I mean, explain what you are claiming  happened to Jobs, in a non-obtuse manner. 
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #794 on: August 25, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »
I mean, explain what you are claiming  happened to Jobs, in a non-obtuse manner. 

No one's talking.  I even went by the Apple stop today (the big IT companies bus their employees from SF to Silicon Valley and back) and asked a few of my friends and they all suspect he's gotten sicker but no one knows for sure.  They keep his stuff pretty tight lipped in Cupertino.
27>34