Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378061 times)

vansmack

Re: iphone
« Reply #825 on: October 04, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »
I saw this last night at the att store.  maybe the best phone i've ever seen.

I'm reserving judgement until next weeks Google event and the probable announcement of the next Nexus phone, but I agree, that is one gorgeous phone. I even prefer the smaller at&t model to the larger Sprint model.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #826 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:13 pm »
i might get one at some point, but there's nothing that's making me run out and replace my 3gs
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #827 on: October 05, 2011, 09:55:39 am »
I honestly don't really care, as long as it can call and text everything on top of that is just a bonus. If it wasn't for the Twitter app on my Blackberry I wouldn't use it for much outside of texting and calling people.

i'd suggest that you not waste your money on an new iphone or an android, if all that you want is calling and texting.  you can get a cheap, or even free, phone that will allow you to do that. 

you can even get a free iphone 3 when you re-up.  doesn't sound like you need version 4, so why pay $200 or more for it?
Just to have the latest phone I can get, I'd feel more safe with have a 4S for 2 years than some other phone that will likely go out of production in a couple months. I'll probably find more uses for it, the GPS seems pretty handy. But thanks for all the info!
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #828 on: October 05, 2011, 10:03:17 am »
u pay extra for the GPS with the iphone.
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #829 on: October 05, 2011, 02:08:58 pm »
Seriously? That's lame. It's free on Blackberry with the Google app :\
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #830 on: October 05, 2011, 02:09:59 pm »
yeah, unless there's a new app that i don't know about that's not charging anything...
(_|_)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #831 on: October 05, 2011, 03:45:52 pm »
on the galaxy . . . there are a dumpload of gps thingys just sitting there to start, plus the countless free ones, and even more countless three dollars or less ones, not to the mention the countless ten dollar and less ones.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #832 on: October 05, 2011, 07:01:22 pm »
Hitler gets angry about iPhone 4S:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxn6Ag0mmhs
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #833 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:04 am »

It's over, people.  Pack up and go home.  I don't care what you do but you can't do it here.

Where will you GO?!??!?!   What will you DO!?!?!?!?!?  When your leader suddenly dies like this I guess it's like being thrown out into the universe.  My deepest sympathies.  Maybe his "dent" will catch you.

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #834 on: October 06, 2011, 06:38:34 pm »
Hah! Because it makes such sense for Google to just give away the app for free to iphone users.
I mean there are some pluses to owning an Android; of course, I think Google has taken over my life even moreso than Apple.

Seriously? That's lame. It's free on Blackberry with the Google app :\
HeyLa

RustyOrgan

« Reply #835 on: October 06, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »
Anyone else pre-ordering their iPhone 4S tonight at 3AM?

wml7

« Reply #836 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:45 pm »

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #837 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:12 pm »
I don't understand this claim that you have to pay for GPS on Iphone.   I used to have one and that wasn't true.  Has something changed or is that misinformation?
_\|/_

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #838 on: October 07, 2011, 05:29:18 pm »
Here -  this is what I was referring to:
Google Maps Nav's Extras

While driving directions via Google Maps has been available on many mobile devices for years, including Apple's iPhone and iPod devices, Google Maps Navigation raises the ante by adding spoken turn-by-turn direction, something available only with extra-cost additions to the iPhone. Google Maps Navigation makes good use of the almost bottomless text and image resources of Google's search database and takes advantage of user input to make changes to its maps as necessary.

Turn-by-turn navigation solutions for the iPhone include products live CoPilot Live for iPhone from ALK Technologies ($35) and TomTom International BV's TomTom app for the iPhone ($100). Both products include maps of the U.S. and Canada that are stored on the phone. Maps of other countries and regions are available, but at extra cost

http://www.pcworld.com/article/174752/google_maps_navigation_free_and_easy.html

I don't understand this claim that you have to pay for GPS on Iphone.   I used to have one and that wasn't true.  Has something changed or is that misinformation?
HeyLa

Darth Ed

« Reply #839 on: October 09, 2011, 05:18:57 am »
That article is 2 years old.... Just to clarify, the iPhone's built-in Maps application gives you free turn-by-turn driving/walking/bus-subway directions and full GPS functionality. It just doesn't speak the directions aloud while you're driving/walking/riding. For that, you can download the free MapQuest 4 Mobile app which has spoken turn-by-turn directions and live traffic updates. It's completely free, and it's one of the better reviewed iOS apps for driving directions. Also, the TomTom app is $50-60 these days, not $100.