Author Topic: Johnny Ramone  (Read 3266 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Johnny Ramone
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »
I've been debating with a friend all day via e-mail on the Johnny's importance in the scheme of rock history.  What are y'all's thoughts?

Personally I put him way up there on the list of influential or important guitar players.  It's not like he had virtuoso chops a la Hendrix or anything but c'mon man...He played guitar in the freakin Ramones!

thirsty moore

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 04:00:00 pm »
I would say he played a significant role in pop and punk rock.  If you take away all the distortion and slow it down a little, you've got a pop song.  

Originally posted by chaz:
 Personally I put him way up there on the list of influential or important guitar players.  It's not like he had virtuoso chops a la Hendrix or anything but c'mon man...He played guitar in the freakin Ramones!

Mongo

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
How about the insight from CNN.  

"The Ramones, famed for playing their high-energy, unpolished songs at breakneck speed, rose to fame in New York City in 1974, paving the way for such British punk rock icons as the Sex Pistols and the Clash."

0_0

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 08:34:00 am »
According to CNN (meaning take this with as many grains of salt as you deem appropriate) his significant other released info through the attending physician stating that this is all way over blown.  The man was in for treatment that has been (or soon will be) completed.  Patient is expected to be home very shortly.  Hey I just report the news!  :)
FUKIT